Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-29-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Why so much hate between Twoplustwo / Pocketfives?

p5s swings of pxf. lol
Old 11-30-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i still contend there is no good reason. there might be a reason, but it's not a good one.

it's the same reason the cool kids hate the losers in high school. there is no good reason.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

cool kids don't hate the losers in high school, at least i hope not. they laugh at them, but don't hate them.

[/ QUOTE ]

the keen cool kids really hate the losers, but for no real reason but to be cool. vicious cycle.

[/ QUOTE ]

and the losers hate the cool kids with an intense and palpable hatred that they live and breathe every day and which only grows stronger with every. single. second.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-30-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While P5s is terrible, some of the "Top 20 Player" threads here really give them a run for their money.

[/ QUOTE ]
nvg is the pocketfives of 2+2
Old 11-30-2007, 01:01 AM

Hate? Friendly rivalry? Internet nerds with low self-esteem and too much time on their hands? You be the judge!

Personally, the only thing I "hate" about P5s is the message-board software, otherwise I'm glad that both 2p2 and P5s are productive outlets for poker geeks.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
someone told me 55 was like the bizarro version of us. Only gayer. I tend to agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty strong statement. You know we have EricW, right?
Old 11-30-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Personally, the only thing I "hate" about P5s is the message-board software.

[/ QUOTE ]

The amount of effort that must have been put in trying to find worse software than 2+2... staggering.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:42 AM

I've always heard P5s has terrible players that give horrible advice but I never believed it until just now, when I first visited the site to see if it was true. The very first thread I opened advocated folding KK on a KJT flop getting 2:1
http://www.pocketfives.com/6BD810C8-...99A6399BC.aspx

[ QUOTE ]
I was playin at harrahs New Orleans, 1-2 no limit. Limped around, I was in the big blind with pocket kings. I made it 15 total, 4 others called (5 total). Flop comes Kd Jd Ts. I lead out 45(another 410 behind), guy folds, guy raises 145 total(about another 100 behind), guy folds, button raises 395 all in, now its back to me. I dont know anything of the first guy but the button is a pretty good player. Any advice on this hand would be helpfulful, Call or fold or just a different way to play it.

Reply:
Easy fold. Everything else pretty standard. If the button is as good as you say he is, he has AQ...maybe Q9. Maybe a set is looking to gamble, I suppose.

Apparently a raise to $30 is necessary preflop to pare the field a bit. That's a nice game you have going there.

reply2:
if it limped around why wouldn't the guy on the button raise it up with AQ to narrow the field? but I can really see Q9 though, since you raise in the BB I can see him calling Q9 on the button with 3 callers ahead of him. If you wanna gamble for a huge pot call, but other wise I'm pretty sure your beat.

Reply 3:
Because if he's good he knows that he'd have to raise more than that hand is worth to pare down the field. Or it may just not pare down at all, as AA just found out. He may as well play it for the limp with position and see if he can't trap a weaker ace into a decent sized pot or flop something huge. At a loooooooose table like this, it's definitely something I'd consider. Either way, it's not a hand that can be eliminated. I'd rather get into pots with these guys with hands like J10/JQ/89 any day over AQ. He might be thinking something similar.

There's no reason to call. This looks like a table that's going to offer a lot of opportunities to get a lot of money in very, very good. Why bother here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was playin at harrahs New Orleans, 1-2 no limit. Limped around, I was in the big blind with pocket kings. I made it 15 total, 4 others called (5 total). Flop comes Kd Jd Ts. I lead out 45(another 410 behind), guy folds, guy raises 145 total(about another 100 behind), guy folds, button raises 395 all in, now its back to me. I dont know anything of the first guy but the button is a pretty good player. Any advice on this hand would be helpfulful, Call or fold or just a different way to play it.

Reply:
Easy fold. Everything else pretty standard. If the button is as good as you say he is, he has AQ...maybe Q9. Maybe a set is looking to gamble, I suppose.

Apparently a raise to $30 is necessary preflop to pare the field a bit. That's a nice game you have going there.

reply2:
if it limped around why wouldn't the guy on the button raise it up with AQ to narrow the field? but I can really see Q9 though, since you raise in the BB I can see him calling Q9 on the button with 3 callers ahead of him. If you wanna gamble for a huge pot call, but other wise I'm pretty sure your beat.

Reply 3:
Because if he's good he knows that he'd have to raise more than that hand is worth to pare down the field. Or it may just not pare down at all, as AA just found out. He may as well play it for the limp with position and see if he can't trap a weaker ace into a decent sized pot or flop something huge. At a loooooooose table like this, it's definitely something I'd consider. Either way, it's not a hand that can be eliminated. I'd rather get into pots with these guys with hands like J10/JQ/89 any day over AQ. He might be thinking something similar.

There's no reason to call. This looks like a table that's going to offer a lot of opportunities to get a lot of money in very, very good. Why bother here?

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF I'm on tilt from just reading this.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Personally, the only thing I "hate" about P5s is the message-board software...

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT!

I've viewed their site once- and felt the urge to gouge out my eyes...

Have not returned since.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always heard P5s has terrible players that give horrible advice but I never believed it until just now, when I first visited the site to see if it was true. The very first thread I opened advocated folding KK on a KJT flop getting 2:1
http://www.pocketfives.com/6BD810C8-...99A6399BC.aspx

[ QUOTE ]

Reply:

reply2:

Reply 3:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
At least read at the whole thread and put it in context if you're going imply what you're implying.