Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: WPEX went to 75% contributed rakeback?

If you ask a question in a bloated potpourri topic, I have found that it is less likely to be answered.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you ask a question in a bloated potpourri topic, I have found that it is less likely to be answered.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, that's true. Individual threads get more answers...however, the answers are lower quality. That's what I love about our Canadian eWallet thread...very high quality responses. I think these "offical" threads can definitely be beneficial.

That being said, I think something as big as a change of 100% to 75% rakeback at WPEX should be allowed its own thread. Of course, this thread isn't locked, so what are you all complaining about? Aren't you getting your wish?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That being said, I think something as big as a change of 100% to 75% rakeback at WPEX should be allowed its own thread. Of course, this thread isn't locked, so what are you all complaining about? Aren't you getting your wish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that despite the title, since OP this has not been a thread about 75% rakeback on WPEX. Rather, it has been a thread on why a thread about 75% rakeback on WPEX (and other WPEX threads) should be allowed. The content of this thread alone tends to support Mike Haven et. al view on WPEX threads.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:26 PM

Is the Rake contributed now?
And I think WSEX should no longer have its own threads, threat them like everyone else.

ToT
Old 07-16-2007, 12:51 PM

I asked the WSEX GM, (who didn't like the spam posts either), if he wanted me to stop the one monthly thread, (it would give him more "coverage" if there were 30 threads a month), and he said if the guys want to be sure he reads their suggestions/complaints/questions then he would prefer just the one thread. (FWIW, the FTP guys said the opposite.)

Readers may not know, but the irritating WSEX spam guy/s are still around. One such post was deleted earlier today, for example.

If a WSEX, (or any other), thread develops a life of its own and it has greater value being left open than being amalgamated with the "Official" thread, then we leave it open. If it's the run-of-the-mill "how do you ... ?" post, then we believe it should be included in the main thread, for the benefit of all who follow that thread, and there are many that do.

OTOH, we like to think we know and react to the mood of the Zoo, and if things need to change, they will.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:49 PM

Monster threads keep the forum readable. I just read the last page of the Canadian e-wallet thread and go backwards till I reach a post I've already read.

Important BIG NEWS like WPEX switching to 75% RB is pretty rare. The monster thread keeps the forum from being cluttered with daily and mundane "non-big news" stuff.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:13 PM

I found out about the 75% rakeback at WPEX because somebody started a thread about it in NVG.
If that hadn't happened then I wouldn't have learned about it until this thread.

I think a general "WPEX Discussion Thread" while also allowing individual threads could be considered (and deleting the moron spammers which is obviously already happening anyway).

Regarding the moron-spammers:
Perhaps just locking-it and stating directly that the GM of WPEX personally does not want people to spam for his site like this could improve the situation.

Seems that many of the moron-spammers take the counter-argument of, "I'm just trying to tell people about it. You guys just don't want to listen" but that telling them (again and again) that they aren't welcome even by the guy who they are trying to help then MAYBE they'll listen.

Worth doing such a lock-with-statement instead of deletion every once in awhile perhaps.

Also, do we know that these are multiple spammers?
Seems like a lot of the spam stuff I read back when it first started were mostly coming from the same 1 or 2 individuals using multiple accounts.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
those monster threads are a mess because posters are not smart enough to change the subject according to the topic they wanna discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you reading in Threaded mode? Try Flat like everyone else - you don't even notice the titles.

I don't see any difficulty in scan-reading the monster threads every few days or so, to see if something I'm interested in is being discussed. Whereas it really used to piss me off to see the same posts repeated every few days because information on a popular subject such as WSEX was so scattered before the thread became popular for those interested in keeping it in one place for easy reference that either nobody Searched or they couldn't find stuff easily.

I can accept your point only if you try to read an entire monster thread in one sitting, but, then again, if you're that interested in a subject you probably want to see all information in one place, and if you can't find it, asking in that thread where others have a similar interest has to be the best solution, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
If it makes it so easy and convenient for everyone, then why not make one thread for Stars, one for FT, and so on.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If a WSEX, (or any other), thread develops a life of its own and it has greater value being left open than being amalgamated with the "Official" thread, then we leave it open.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hasn't always been the case. Some months ago when a thread was started to let forum readers know that WPX started offering Omaha, it was quickly locked. Such information may have been of interest to a PLO player who wouldn't normally read the WPX thread because WPX didn't offer PLO. Such a thread, had it remained active, may have helped build a PLO playing base at WPX. Instead it melted into the back pages locked and unnoticed.

WPX seems to be treated differently on this forum in part because their success was a direct threat to the business interests of entities like affiliates and software vendors; entities who are very active in these forums.

The small number of "spammers" seemed to be enthusiastic players who sometimes went over the top in their volume of posts. Still, many found their posts to be considerably less of an annoyance than the constant trolling of those who don't play at WPX who have an inimical relationship and work against the success of the site.

It is odd that only site that is ghettoized in the zoo is the site has given the most back to the poker playing community.

If certain individuals make an inappropriate volume of posts then deal with the individual and apply to the same standards to those who both spam and troll.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:19 PM

No, the spammers were far more annoying than those who voice their opposition to WPEX (many of those who do are just against their anti-HUD stance and 4-table max).

I'm a big fan of WPEX and what they are doing and what they stand for and their CEO's classiness in his posts on here.

But the spammers had to go and something had to be done.
This was obvious. So mike's idea to do it this way was clearly well-intentioned.

2+2 isn't anti-WPEX. Just anti-stupid-spammers.
And also pro 'lets make things easier to follow around here'.

So we also have the monster neteller and paytru and epassport threads as well to keep all the repeat Q's and info in one place.
Not a bad experiement imo.

I'm in favor of letting there be some other WPEX threads too (such as the Omaha one). And Mike seems flexible to consider this.

note that WPEX even bought advertising space on 2+2 at one point (not sure if they still have it) and also that they seem fine with the current arrangement and are very much against the retarded spammers.