Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2006, 11:42 PM

Default A hand where I bluff

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: MrLightyear is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MrLightyear 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">MrLightyear bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">MrLightyear bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MrLightyear 3-bets</font>

Villain in this hand was LAG (like 42/20). But not an idiot. I would describe him as the type of player who used to be tight but has a new found understanding of the game and thinks he can outplay everyone. I believe Ray Zee has a thing on a players development and I would say he is in that phase where you learn you can play more hands post flop but has taken it too far and plays too loose.

He was stealing from the button liberally and started doing it from the CO, so i stood up fo myself in this hand. I would has A3h is ahead of most of his range here.

So my rational:

1) he is capping 99 or TT pf, but I will give him 66 as a possibility or maybe even 78.
2) he's not an idiot and im not either. He will fold air here (not peeling a 6 outer or a gutshot)
3) He really thinks he is representing a T but both you and I know he would have not c/c'd the flop with a T.

input would be nice.