Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 11:22 AM

Default KK and terrible flop

played 35 hands with villian: 42/6/0.6
seems like loose passive playaaa...

Everest Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.15/$0.25 (HH Converter by Kreatief)

Button (35.65)
SB (24.25)
BB (23.25)
MP2 (25.00)
MP3 (47.00)
CO (5.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $0.50</font>, MP3 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP2 calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>,

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( $5.4 )
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.00</font>, MP2 calls $3.00,

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( $11.4 )
hero?

A)check

c/f then?
or
c/c then?

B) another barrel

b/f?
or
if he calls u chek the river or bet again?

what are ur suggestions?

thanx
Old 11-22-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: KK and terrible flop

wow that sucks...

your bet on the flop is ok.
I think I would just check the turn and fold to a decent sized bet. If he bets half the pot or less I call. Sameon river. but dont know if thats good...
Old 11-22-2007, 11:26 AM

Make it 3 pf due to being oop and 3 handed. I would probably bet like 4 on the flop as 3 just seems weak to me and after that I shut down.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:37 AM

I don't think you could get this type of player fold an ace and he is unlikely to want to put much money in with anything we beat so I like c/f. Theres way better spots against these types of calling stations.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:29 PM

Thought exercise for Pat, Profish and others:

Why c-bet here? What do we accomplish?
Old 11-22-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make it 3 pf due to being oop and 3 handed. I would probably bet like 4 on the flop as 3 just seems weak to me and after that I shut down.

[/ QUOTE ]

C-bet the flop b/c low limit players bluff at paired flops like... every time. With a flop this threatening, it's true that he might not call unless he has us beat (or maybe a SD), but it's certainly better than checking and have him c-bet like... 70% of the time, thus not offering us any real information as to the strength of his hand
Old 11-22-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C-bet the flop b/c low limit players bluff at paired flops like... every time. With a flop this threatening, it's true that he might not call unless he has us beat

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an extremely good reason to c/c. Your hand has decent SD value but you're not getting any money out of worse hands by betting the flop. Furthermore, it's not like he's going to be improving on a board like this. I check the flop for pot control and call one bet, and I fold if he bets again; a 42/6/.6 doesn't have the cojones to double barrel you without an ace or a ten.

I also put in a bet on the turn or river to try and get value out of worse pocket pairs when checked back to.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:55 PM

Played fine... turn is EZ give up... He has A6o. Seen this a billion times.. He isnt folding it either BTW
Old 11-22-2007, 12:55 PM

I don't like c/c and then checking it down- betting 4 on the flop probably makes him fold those lower pocket pairs. i think it's even more unlikely for 42/6/.6 to call a bet on the flop with a hand like 88 and then fire once again on the turn or river after we shut down than it is for him to double barrel. seems like a good place for him to check behind. I agree with folding if he fires on turn or river.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:56 PM

I never c-bet here against unknowns and bad players. Turning your hand into a bluff against calling stations when you have SD value is bad, and why do you want to make him fold those low pocket pairs? Because you're going to get stacked when they hit their two-outer?

Checking flop makes it more like for you to be called with some sort of garbage gutshot on the turn or a low pocket pair; it's nonsensical, but fish do it.