Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: KK and terrible flop

[ QUOTE ]
Im busy right now but if I have a chance I will try to find it later. It was from at least 2 weeks ago, maybe closer to a month. Noobish question but for reference later, how do I go through my own post history?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to search, then type in your username in the search bar. It only shows a certain number of your posts, though
Old 11-22-2007, 03:21 PM

Yea Im gross but it looks like I posted 200 hands in the past few days and it wont let me go past that. Like I said, its definitely a post from a while back between 2-5 weeks.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:21 PM

if you remember how many responses your post had, try sorting the uNL forum by response number
Old 11-22-2007, 03:22 PM

Too many drugs for that lol. Cant remember what I did last week let alone how many posts were in response to my hand from that long ago. I just dont forget hands and I definitely wont forget that one as it is the reason I changed my play with KK oop on these boards and it is the reason why I responded the way I did.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:41 PM

Read the sticky on how to search properly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

search for your username and put -"RE:" in the text box, only your OP threads are shown

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post12946787

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post12646350

here are 2 threads which might fit
Old 11-22-2007, 04:07 PM

I think its the first one but Im unsure, thanks.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its the first one but Im unsure, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

no problem

i thought it was the first one, too, since the first post someone says you have to pot the flop.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:12 PM

raise a tad more pf.

flop, there a few things you can do. c/c-ing one street and c/f-ing the next, or bet and give up are two lines i typically take in this situation.

given your opponent, i would check- its unlikely he's going to bluff with stuff like JJ and the like. he MAY bet with these hands (turning them into a bluff), but given his passivity, probably not. i would check, call maybe a smallish bet and c/f the next street (or sometimes just flat c/f vs. this guy on the flop).

for those talking about 'how i need to bet here bc i bet with the Ace' well, sorry- balance isn't really too important when your opponents are neither thinking about your range nor will remember the action when this situation presents itself again. balance is v. important as you move up in stakes but as of now, remember who you are playing against (in this case, a tard), and fix your gameplan around that knowledge.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:21 PM

c/f eazy
Old 11-22-2007, 04:23 PM

Most of you are over thinking this hand. It's 25NL, villain is very likely unable to think at all.

Reads here are of utmost importance, sometimes this is an easy check fold, other times you are raising for value.

At 25NL people will call behind WITH NOTHING. Stop thinking a call always means someone has something at 25NL. It doesn't even mean a draw, it can be crap.

I've flopped 4 of a kind, and got called down on every street with K high. Some people are HORRIBLE.

The flop C-bet was too low. At this level players constantly call 50% C-bets. You can use this to have calling stations pay you off on every street. Bigger C-bet, 75% or so, usually result in a fold.

In this hand, villain could have nearly anything. Small pocket pair hoping for a show down, or a lucky card, A rag, whatever. Betting the flop will get called by worst hand very often, and bigger C-bets will fold that A rag, but that C-bet will be called by damn near anything by non thinking players.