Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 04:43 AM

Default nl100 56hh vs. reg

villain is 19/16/3, pretty solid. never really seen him/her do anything crazy.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $60.75
UTG: $216.20
MP: $121.90
CO: $35.55
Hero (BTN): $100
SB: $99

Pre-Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $4</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $4, 2 folds

Flop: ($9.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($21.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $15</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $90 and is All-In</font>

[/i]

i don't normally call with sc at 100b stacks vs. good players, so i'm not sure if villain knows its in my range. i thought about raising the flop, since it just looks like bs or a flush draw, but i think most villain's of this type just say "whatever" and fold almost every hand on that board, even though the likelyhood of me bluffing is pretty high. do you think i would have been more likely to get action on the flop, or an unknown turn card?
Old 10-31-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Re: nl100 56hh vs. reg

It's just that if a club comes, it ruins our action because you can have 7c8c or whatever. I'd probably raise the flop smallish to like 16-17 and see what he does. If he folds, he folds. He's not folding a queen or clubs here though and there's not too many cards that will make him happy to commit more chips on the turn if we just flat flop.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:53 AM

i agree with all that, but i think the tradeoff is that i get an extra bet out of a lot more hands on the turn since it just looks like i've got an 88 or whatever.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:54 AM

But hoping and praying he's gonna double barrel (and doesn't hit a 2-outer to beat us [albeit a small chance]) doesn't seem like a prudent idea on this board.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:56 AM

Also, I think since you flatted the flop, you should flat the turn and continue to rep a draw. It's obv a bigger trade-off but the club's only gonna hit ~25% of the time, and with how underrepped our hand is we can shove and maybe get looked up by JJ-TT because it looks like a missed draw.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:59 AM

yeah, i thought about that too. if villain has a Q or better, and no club comes on the river, i could make a big bet if checked to there and probably get called a decent ammount of the time.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:02 AM

With your line though, you really limit your range. Like, you call on the flop, and all of a sudden you wake up on the turn? You either have like Tc9c, 9c8c or a 5. You're never turning a queen into a bluff (at least from what I've seen of you), so if he can beat a 9, he can try and bluffcatch but you don't have too many hands in your range that he is comfortable calling a shove with a queen.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:15 AM

i guess i should have mentioned it before, but i was in a bvb hand with villain a few days ago where villain floated and bluff raised turn. even though i would personally never do that without at least some outs, its kinda like how people who cheat on their wives are paranoid and people that lie a lot always think their being conned. he tanked for a long time before folding.

given the way that i normally play, i think i probably should have just raised the flop too. i'm generally very low on fancy.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:03 AM

i like this, but another call isn't bad either