Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Since you all read this at Absolute Poker

Wow.

Absolute Poker related POTY right there folks. Signed, sealed, and delivered.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats cool of you! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I wont lie though if I or 99% of the people in this world got that money unexpectadly, odds are it would not go to charity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to knock what mikes doing, because I know hes a great guy with a huge heart, but it is something some people should consider since NOT ONLY is it a good thing but its a tax break in many cases...especially if your income gets up there. Either way, its an amazing thing to do, and I know mikes reasons are more genuine than 99% of peoples, cheers Mikey!!! Hope you get an answer!!
Old 10-26-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Firstly, thank you for crediting my AP account with $7497.

With that said, none of us have heard anything more about the alleged 2006 WSOP popcorn story and none of that money making it to charity.

If someone from Absolute can come in here and tell me which charity received your popcorn dollars and after contacting them I am satisfied that it is in fact a real charity and they did receive your money from selling $1 bags of popcorn, I am willing to donate every cent you just gave me, to that charity.

Anxiously awaiting further details on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

While they are at it, they can also donate the cost of the bogus "truck lease for a year" drawing at the same 2006 WSOP, where the AP employee rigged it for her friend to win. They split the monetary value. This is well-known within the company.

At some point if AP doesn't clear all this popcorn and lease stuff up, I will just come out and name the employee. I'd rather not, but I'm so disgusted by the charity thing that they deserve it.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok...this is the 1st "AP" thread I have read, cause most people update me on it. But whats this lease ordeal?? This happened too?? Just wow if so. Give a little more detail if you can since I missed this!! Thanks!! xoxoxo
Old 10-26-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wont lie though if I or 99% of the people in this world got that money unexpectadly, odds are it would not go to charity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to knock what mikes doing, because I know hes a great guy with a huge heart, but it is something some people should consider since NOT ONLY is it a good thing but its a tax break in many cases...especially if your income gets up there. Either way, its an amazing thing to do, and I know mikes reasons are more genuine than 99% of peoples, cheers Mikey!!! Hope you get an answer!!

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure if the tax thing is true or not. i donated 500 to the psunami thing but it wasnt deducted for some reason. ya i had an accountant do it and he told me it didnt count for some reason but wtf do i care i just lose to you fckn [censored] anyway so yall can get the credit for donating but [censored] that im the one who lost to you. its my money. dont act like its a great deal its just free money congrats for sitting with me.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Firstly, thank you for crediting my AP account with $7497.

With that said, none of us have heard anything more about the alleged 2006 WSOP popcorn story and none of that money making it to charity.

If someone from Absolute can come in here and tell me which charity received your popcorn dollars and after contacting them I am satisfied that it is in fact a real charity and they did receive your money from selling $1 bags of popcorn, I am willing to donate every cent you just gave me, to that charity.

Anxiously awaiting further details on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

While they are at it, they can also donate the cost of the bogus "truck lease for a year" drawing at the same 2006 WSOP, where the AP employee rigged it for her friend to win. They split the monetary value. This is well-known within the company.

At some point if AP doesn't clear all this popcorn and lease stuff up, I will just come out and name the employee. I'd rather not, but I'm so disgusted by the charity thing that they deserve it.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]
ooh ?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Schneids

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2007, 04:34 AM

I'd have to run this by my editors, but it'd be a lot of fun to track the progress on this at the end of my column each week at espn.com. Of course, that won't be neccessary if a) We find out they did donate the noney, or b) AP pleged to match all monies pledged in this thread. (we'll need a receipt on this one)

Gary Wise
Old 10-26-2007, 04:41 AM

so they did actually donate it? for the record that doesnt remove their scumbag status. personally deliverd the check? coke pickup?

Idi, approx. how long did it take to get the check? how long after the popcorn shack completed its last sale i mean? Keep up the great work Idi, i wish i was doing something with my life that helps others.

Minnesotans rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So do Nigerians I think everyone who can afford it should donate some money to Idi. lets say if you make over 100,000 a year you should give at least 1%.

also, i heard that they were charging 25 cents for 1 sprinkle of cheese powder and that the proceeds were supposed to go to the same charity, that money disappeared . it is rumored that Scott Tom and AJ Green stole the $13.75 for gum and razor blades.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:16 AM

i'm the charity.

pls pls give it to me....
Old 10-26-2007, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure that you just dont pay money on the income equal to whatever you donated. So you arent really saving money (unless maybe it was an amount that lowered you a bracket or something). So basically if you are getting 30% taxed, you are really only giving up 70% of the actual donation.