Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Counterfeit $100 Dollar Bills

So I was in my local Bodega here in NYC trying to purchase some lottery tickets. There was this guy in front of me who was just giving tons of numbers to the lotto man while pacing around holding one c note and acting weird.

Then all of a sudden, the lotto man goes "I don't have change." As soon as the guy heard that, he bolted out of the store leaving his lotto tickets and opened/unpaid for soda behind. He didn't say much as he was running out but, "You got no change, so you have no change..."

So I get to talking with the lotto man, as he is flipping out about that guy, and he tells me this is a very common thing. He told me he spotted the fake bill and that he goes through thousands of dollars of fake $100s every week.

I think it's interesting that these guys are basically extorting the lotto with counterfeit bills.

Thoughts?
Old 08-03-2007, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Counterfeit $100 Dollar Bills

people are greedy / desperate
Old 08-03-2007, 02:04 AM

I hate you [censored] lottery degens. You filthy crack heads spend days up at the counter, just let me buy my beer for christs sake.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate you [censored] lottery degens. You filthy crack heads spend days up at the counter, just let me buy my beer for christs sake.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, and they don't just buy a bunch and leave. They stand there and tell the clerk a thousand lottery bad beat stories and act like they rented out the space in front of the counter for the afternoon. And of course, the clerk has to just stand there and nod and pretend to listen because he doesn't want to p1ss off his best customer.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:26 AM

Some guys that went to my high school got busted distributing counterfiet 50s and 20s. They would buy like a 99 cent candy bar with them and then get the change, giving them real money. Pretty common way to launder phony bills I think.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:27 AM

People usually take fakes into little shops like that is to get the $90+ real USD instead of one piece of paper that may or may not have value. not that i have ever done this.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:30 AM

Also, these kids would always offer to pay exorbitant amounts for random crap at school - like they would forget their pencil, offer you $10 for one, give you a fake 50, and then pocket your $40 real change.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:32 AM

some guy was at my bodega today doing this w/ a 50, except he didn't even buy anything. i was like, lol, try having a white dude pass it for you mang, they will take it then.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Some guys that went to my high school got busted distributing counterfiet 50s and 20s.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was their punishment?
Old 08-03-2007, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, these kids would always offer to pay exorbitant amounts for random crap at school - like they would forget their pencil, offer you $10 for one, give you a fake 50, and then pocket your $40 real change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to believe that people would actually go for this. Seems like such a set up. Seriously what high-schooler has $ to burn like that? Anyway, when these kids got caught, what was their punishment? Were they charged as juveniles or adults? I would think the punishment for counterfeiting currency would be pretty severe.