Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 09:45 PM

Default 3-Bet PF Im oop

In retrospect I regret raising this hand oop but I did and I'm stuck in this tricky spot.

I don't know much about villain, 24/13 over 40 hands and I havent really noticed special.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Button ($13.65)
SB ($100.30)
BB ($30.85)
Hero ($68.25)
MP ($78.95)
CO ($68)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, 9, J, A.
Hero raises to $1.75, 1 fold], CO raises to $5, Button calls $5, SB calls $4.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $3.25.

Flop: ($20.50) T, 3, A [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>

Should I bet and fold to a re-raise? Check/Call? Check/Raise?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: 3-Bet PF Im oop

WTF how on earth is bet and fold to a reraise in your list of options? Do you actually play these pokums? It doesn't really matter what you do here as long as you DON'T FOLD and just get the money in
Old 09-09-2007, 09:53 PM

Bet like $12 and see what happens. If CO has AA, he will probably instaclick pot raise then he has AA.

What you'd like to do is get other people to put money into this pot bad. Often your hand might already be best here.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF how on earth is bet and fold to a reraise in your list of options? Do you actually play these pokums? It doesn't really matter what you do here as long as you DON'T FOLD and just get the money in

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT. Bet/folding would be ridiculous.

As for an actual line, I think C/Ring is better than leading since CO may try to represent aces even if he missed and either way, we'd really like to trap some people in the middle with weak draws that might be scared off by a bet and a raise in front of them.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT. Bet/folding would be ridiculous.

As for an actual line, I think C/Ring is better than leading since CO may try to represent aces even if he missed and either way, we'd really like to trap some people in the middle with weak draws that might be scared off by a bet and a raise in front of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the line I would definitely take a lot of the time. Here, having the aggressor on our direct left is a benefit. Hopefully he will bet out and others with weak hearts or some other weak draw will call and we'll be able to raise. If he doesn't bet, it is almost certain he doesn't have aces and we could potentially catch a free money card against someone who managed to flop something here. Like iggy said, we basically want as many people playing this pot as possible (basic rule of thumb for nut flush combo draws etc.) and if he does happen to have the two remaining aces, then a lead bet will surely be raised leaving us HU vs top set.