Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 06:10 PM

Default LLC Corp account/credit

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone here works at a bank or has experience referring to Company accounts/LLC credit

I have a brand new LLC (started friday) and need a corp account and/or credit. How do i go about this?
Old 05-06-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: LLC Corp account/credit

I'd get an EIN if you haven't already. Once you have that I'd suggest opening a business checking account.

Then I'd suggest getting a business phone number that also lists you in the 411 directory. Once you have that, apply for Staples as it's the easiest business card to get. From there the sky is the limit.

I actually applied for a bank of america card before any others and was approved for $10K. At first I applied on the BoA main website and was denied because last year my personal credit still had some negatives. Then I found out about https://preapproved.bankofamerica.co...lfInquiry.aspx and tried it and was approved (but didn't know my limit). A week later I got my platinum business card in the mail.

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27 is pretty good. Don't make a new thread asking what you asked though because everyone will tell you to read the stickies even though most of them are pretty old and not necessarily accurate today. Just read through lots of posts to get the hang of what people are doing.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: LLC Corp account/credit

Also, congrats on getting your business started. It really is super easy like I said in that other thread isn't it?