Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Gulf Coast Poker Championship (WPT)

Thanks for the info. I assume they'll have plenty of 1/2 and 2/5 games.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:36 AM

Ok. Answers to a few questions.

2nd chance ends between 5 and 6 am.
t2000 chips, 30 minute levels.
numbers for 1st 3 days- 160, 203, 324
Prelim event payouts are as follows:
125-250=18 spots
every 100 players add 9 places paid.

Had a total of 39 cash games going on Friday night. As low as 4-8 hold'em, as high as 50 100 NL H'e. Wait was not long, as we have 65 tables upstairs, and as we broke 2nd chance tables we started live games.

We have a 16 table room dowstairs year round, and can spread as amny as 27 cash games upstairs.

758 for day 1 340 buy in
606 for day 2 550 buy in- 16 remain, so plenty of play in the structure.

Great value in the structure.

Regardless, its a good event from the player's perspective and my perspective.

Come see us. You'll have a good time
Old 09-01-2007, 04:40 AM

Oh, and by the way, we have have given away 2 seats a day in the 4pm megasatellite.

Numbers may be down a little for the second chance on saturday, as we must make room for more live action upstairs. We have 65 tables, and about 10 are used for main event at 7pm, 20-25 are used for 2nd chance, and around 20-25 for live( live taking precedence) and the rest for 1 table satellites.

Im tired
Old 09-01-2007, 04:43 AM

BTW, I am really enjoying working a big event again. I was on the road a lot in the past, and my staff from 2005 is here. I may be the face man for the operation, but my staff gets the credit from me. Professional, experienced, and above all, they all know that if the players are happy, then the job is well done.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:36 PM

Johnny,

Thanks for the response. Quick question though on ME structure.

You indicated "I think we add an early level, and omit a 5k 10k level late, but everything else is the same. "

Based on what was posted, it looks like the opposite is the case currently.

It looks like an early level is omitted - the normal level #1 (50-100 level) does not appear. And the 5-10K level is still there (currently listed as level 15).

Was that just a typo?

The levels look to be numbered above and there is no number 1 level.

Personally, I am not in favor of removing the 50-100 level. It might make for a quicker day 1; but the deeper the starting stacks for early levels, the more you are assured the best players rise to the top. Not sure if other pros feel the same but that's my 2 cents. (Alan G, comments?)

If you get a chance, please clarify. thanks alot.

By the way, nice of you to put credit to your people first.

Looking forward to it.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:31 AM

I just got back from my Labor Day weekend there, played in Saturday's Event #3 and Sunday's 7:00 Second chance (busto both times). I thought it was well run but the only other 'events' I've been to are the last 4 WSOPs and a Mirage Poker Showdown...and as we all know WSOPs are kluges. Even the single-table sat that I played in to get into Event #3 was well done and quick...we got in...we got out...nobody got hurt.

Didn't get a chance to meet you Johnny...just heard you as 'the voice of god' in the tourney room but I thought you guys did a great job.

The Beau was very nice, the food was great, the room rate was unbelievable. The cash games were great. FWIW, the cash games upstairs in the tourney room aren't eligible for the BB Jackpot (and don't have the $1 drop either...Beau does a $6 time charge per down for cash games).

The only thing I didn't like was those covers on the chairs but that's nit-picking.

I had a great time...even got to play $25 Blackjack with Surinder Sunar (who is much more talkative and smile-y when not at a poker table...very nice guy).
Old 09-04-2007, 10:17 AM

I got home late Sunday and all I can say is Donkey central. I got 14th in Friday's event and won a little in the cash games but would have won a lot if it hadn't been for 2 hands to absolute clowns. The one in particular was at $5/$10 NL. I had JJ, limp along with others, guy in small blind raises to $60. The guy to my right calls and I call. Flop comes J 9 7, two diamonds. Original raiser bets $100, next guy makes it $350. I then shove for $4500. Both donkeys call their remaining $2000 or so. First guy(original raiser) turns over pocket aces and second guy shows pocket nines (middle set). Needless to say, the first guy hits his two outer ace on the river for the $7000 pot. I offered to cut him or anyone at the table high card for the size of the pot, but everyone declined. All in all it was a fun trip, like they all are, but I ended up stuck around 5K due to blackjack.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:51 PM

do you like betting 6 times the pot?
Old 09-04-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you like betting 6 times the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ever have to deal with Donkaments, with 2 to the flush on the board, a lot of the time you must be hyper agressive, or what happened to KidCornelia will happen to you.

I live in Colorado, land of no fold 'em Hold 'em (aka Bingo or Lottery Poker), and they play like that here in Tourneys.

If you don't overbet the pot in situations like that one, you can get screwed by the donkeys who play like that.

Now, if KidCornelia was playing in Cali, or Vegas, I could see your point, but I suspect they had a lot of donkeys there (in Miss), so it's always a good Idea to protect your hand when ever possible.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:31 PM

i live in the state capital of donkeys. florida