FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which model?
Jeep Liberty 11 17.74%
Nissan Pathfinder 17 27.42%
Toyota 4Runner 34 54.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Monoploy: Luck or Skill?

It's all about getting the thimble. The people that go for the race car always overbuy and bustout.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:52 PM

One pretty basic strategy I use that I haven't seen mentioned that I often use is to create a building shortage. Basically if you have cheaper monopolies (purple, orange, lt blue) instead of going to hotels, keep all your properties at 4 houses. Now you will often put your opponents with more expensive properties in a position where they can't fully develop them (remember you must have 4 houses to make a hotel)
Old 10-27-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One pretty basic strategy I use that I haven't seen mentioned that I often use is to create a building shortage. Basically if you have cheaper monopolies (purple, orange, lt blue) instead of going to hotels, keep all your properties at 4 houses. Now you will often put your opponents with more expensive properties in a position where they can't fully develop them (remember you must have 4 houses to make a hotel)

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell are you talking about?
Old 10-27-2006, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is confusing you? If you use all the houses, your opponents can't, and you end up paying them less if you land on their spots.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is confusing you? If you use all the houses, your opponents can't, and you end up paying them less if you land on their spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Monopoly/Official_Rules

<font color="black"> The bank has a fixed supply of 32 houses and 12 hotels. If more players decide to build more houses at the same time than there are houses in the bank, the houses are auctioned off one at a time to the highest bidder. This rule favors the owners of expensive properties, for which the houses cost more in the first place, because the auction price of a house is not tied to the value of the property on which it will be placed. </font>
Old 10-27-2006, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="black"> The bank has a fixed supply of 32 houses and 12 hotels. If more players decide to build more houses at the same time than there are houses in the bank, the houses are auctioned off one at a time to the highest bidder. This rule favors the owners of expensive properties, for which the houses cost more in the first place, because the auction price of a house is not tied to the value of the property on which it will be placed. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

that is if two or more people want to buy houses/hotels simultaneously and it is to decide who gets them. if houses are purchased already and put down, and there aren't any more.. well then you can't make hotels baby.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:10 AM

I thought you could only buy houses on your turn, before you roll. If this is the case, no one will want to buy simultaneously. Am I wrong?
Old 10-28-2006, 02:12 AM

little of both: what kind of mono ploy did you have in mind?
Old 10-28-2006, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been crushing McDonald's lately in their Monopoly promotion - to the tune of two breakfast sandwiches and a small soda. Obviously skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try entering the codes on their website. Strangely enough, I have every property except, lo and behold, the "rare" pieces, and I can't seem to land on anything that will give me a boardwalk in like 10 rounds. Although I have won like 5 ringtones.

RIGGED
Old 10-28-2006, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is if two or more people want to buy houses/hotels simultaneously and it is to decide who gets them. if houses are purchased already and put down, and there aren't any more.. well then you can't make hotels baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was under the impression that if you could buy a hotel directly that it was allowed, even if the bank has no more houses to buy.

my friends and i have been playing "Mega Monopoly". it is faster and more gambooling is involved.