Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Halo 3 Chatter and XBL Gamertag Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why anyone would just play the campaign is beyond me. I never played Halo 1 campaign and only played half of the Halo 2 campaign. I spent thousands of hours playing online though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why anyone would spend thousands of hours playing online and not spend the 20 or 30 it would take to complete all three solo games is beyond me. Maybe it's not the best solo game in the world but it does so many things right that it's absolutely worth playing through.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about because the online play is 1000x better and has tons more replay value?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my KD ratio is .76

I seem to just have terrible timing with the beatdown. I always lose a 1on1 with both of us running towards each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pick up a battle rifle as soon as possible when you start a match or when you spawn and you won't have to worry so much about beat downs.

If anyone wants to play some team slayer add me, IBetrayTeamates.

[/ QUOTE ]

BR tips FTW?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:15 PM

anyone going to be playing online later tonight?? im about to go for a jog but looking to play some later.. let me know if you want to party up [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my KD ratio is .76

I seem to just have terrible timing with the beatdown. I always lose a 1on1 with both of us running towards each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pick up a battle rifle as soon as possible when you start a match or when you spawn and you won't have to worry so much about beat downs.

[/ QUOTE ]

BR tips FTW?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im guessing I need to get all headshots with it?

Such a small target...
Old 10-16-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my KD ratio is .76

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BR tips FTW?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im guessing I need to get all headshots with it?

Such a small target...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, key thing is to headshot while constantly moving, only way to get better honestly is to play a lot. Try using a grenade on something stationary and shooting it with a rifle before the grenade explodes, try anything you can do to speed up how fast you shoot.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:33 PM

How much of a penalty does your rank take when you leave a game prematurely, in relation to a normal loss?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How much of a penalty does your rank take when you leave a game prematurely, in relation to a normal loss?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you disconnect or voluntarily quit out of a game before it's over, you'll lose two 'EXP.'

(EXP is a ranking system that applies to all playlists, unlike the number ranking system. If you quit out of a ranked playlist, you'll not only lose EXP but you won't rank up number wise and you might even derank depending on your level).

I don't think it applies to free-for-all based playlists. I could be wrong. Pretty sad I'm not sure, tbh.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:13 AM

A pretty interesting link with Halo 3 tips from the devs.

Some stuff I really didn't expect like recommending a sensitivity of 5 for accuracy, or that one of the most effective methods with the battle rifle is body-body-body-head.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:18 AM

I've been using 5 sensitivity for years, I guess I'm way ahead of the curve. :P
Old 10-17-2007, 02:50 AM

I think I actually ran into some cheats tonight. Me and two others were playing on the Pit TS. One of the guys on the other team was lagging quite a bit, every time I saw his bar it was red or yellow. The other two guys were fine, but all three of us were dying left and right for about the first 30 kills. We would be walking around, the other team would just appear and boom, explosion, we all die. I think they were up to some trickery, and it wasn't us three being noobs either. Then for the last 20ish kills, everything was back to normal, but the first 60% of the match raised a lot of eyebrows. I filed a complaint and will let Live and Bungie sort it out.

I don't know about you all, but I use to see tons of cheating on Halo 2. Wouldn't surprise me if we see it again, and it was generally at the higher(20ish) levels.