Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: something im doing almost always now...

cute but it doesnt really address the issue. keep in mind im talking h/u pots only here.

what this does is it steals position back on the flop. they now have to act first. so while it leaves the club of donking or checking (both rare choices anyway) in the locker room it brings along a much more powerful driver that no one knew you carried...
Old 06-21-2007, 05:18 PM

OH MY GOD mike pleeeeeaaaaaase use flat mode. Between you and Andy it's like The Luddite Brigade stormed SoCal poker.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:33 PM

why? im responding directly to what each poster said...
Old 06-21-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why? im responding directly to what each poster said...

[/ QUOTE ]

In flat mode you can cover that in one post.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cute but it doesnt really address the issue. keep in mind im talking h/u pots only here.

what this does is it steals position back on the flop. they now have to act first. so while it leaves the club of donking or checking (both rare choices anyway) in the locker room it brings along a much more powerful driver that no one knew you carried...

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say this against a player like me, this works great. Against a 1st level fish, you aren't gaining as much.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and when im oop heads up in a pot and i called a raise (or reraise) im checking dark every time and not looking at the board until after my opponent reacts and acts. (if they dont bet dark, which most dont).

[/ QUOTE ]

so am i the only guy that bets dark against pfr's?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, some guy did that HU vs me in a blind battle at the Wynn this week on the very first hand I played. He faced a dark raise near instantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha reminds me of this hand from Vegas: David Baker changes seats and posts in the CO, he is still over in his old seat racking up chips when its folded to him and he announces he raises (everyone can see he hasn't been within 5 feet of his cards), CMO 3 bets the SB, I 4 bet AJo in the BB, David calls (I think he came over and looked at this point). CMO calls and dark bets the flop, I dark raise. The flop is QT4, David 3 bets, CMO calls, I call. Turn KINGBALL, David bets, CMO calls, I raise, David 3 bets, CMO gets off jacks, I 4 bet, David groans and pays off. Dark raising flops is fun.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-22-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and when im oop heads up in a pot and i called a raise (or reraise) im checking dark every time and not looking at the board until after my opponent reacts and acts. (if they dont bet dark, which most dont).

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the live version of DERB?

so am i the only guy that bets dark against pfr's?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, some guy did that HU vs me in a blind battle at the Wynn this week on the very first hand I played. He faced a dark raise near instantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha reminds me of this hand from Vegas: David Baker changes seats and posts in the CO, he is still over in his old seat racking up chips when its folded to him and he announces he raises (everyone can see he hasn't been within 5 feet of his cards), CMO 3 bets the SB, I 4 bet AJo in the BB, David calls (I think he came over and looked at this point). CMO calls and dark bets the flop, I dark raise. The flop is QT4, David 3 bets, CMO calls, I call. Turn KINGBALL, David bets, CMO calls, I raise, David 3 bets, CMO gets off jacks, I 4 bet, David groans and pays off. Dark raising flops is fun.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the live version of DERB?
Old 06-22-2007, 02:08 AM

Was in vegas for 12 days, didn't book two winning days in a row. Finished right around even with daily 7k swings at 1/2. DERB I am not.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-22-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
then a hand would take forever if i checked the flop dark and you didnt want to look until i did. cause i aint looking at anything but you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now mike has us on a 3rd level stare down. LOL. Come on.

[ QUOTE ]
of course you could bet dark when i check dark but then i have stolen position away from you on that street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spontaneous random thoughts to counter uh, what were we talking about again?

Doesn't the idea of just watching your opponent as the flop is being dealt, without acting in the dark to do it, just seem more logical and simpler to you? Try it. It's pretty easy.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:07 AM

Default What are you looking for?

Hey mike. I really don't have an opinion about this strategy but I am wondering what you look for exactly when you are watching your opponents as the flop comes out. I look at them too or pick one guy to study if it is multiway but find that it is extremely rare that I can gather any useful information. Can you go through the expresssions/posture/mannerisms you find helpful and how you use that information?