Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 09:33 PM

Default bet dark, check dark

how many is the button villain in this hand. we're 4 or 5 handed. he openraises from the cutoff or button and i 3 bet KJo from one of the blinds. he calls. heads up.

i bet the flop dark. it comes A32r. he raises. i call knowing exactly what i want to do.

i check the turn dark. it's a 3, he bets, i c/r.

comments?
Old 05-26-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: bet dark, check dark

What did you have on that XXJTJ one where I raise pf you 3b I peel flop and c/r turn and you 3bet I donk riv you raise I fold? I was so offended by your turn 3bet and then your river raise that I wanted to raise again somewhere with my KQ

BTW I am pretty sure that in this hand that doofus with the glasses limped but folded on the flop. I also think that calling down here might be better than c/r against me because you are either drawing dead or have the nuts and I love 3barreling.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:05 PM

i had QJ that hand. i knew you had KQ on the turn.

i considered calling down but felt there was some chance you would fold something like 77 or a hand that had 6 outs that i didnt want you to see the river with. what'd you have?
Old 05-26-2007, 10:10 PM

This stuff makes me smile. Curious to see the responses to it.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many is the button villain in this hand. we're 4 or 5 handed. he openraises from the cutoff or button and i 3 bet KJo from one of the blinds. he calls. heads up.

i bet the flop dark. it comes A32r. he raises. i call knowing exactly what i want to do.

i check the turn dark. it's a 3, he bets, i c/r.

comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks awfully strong to villain and his hand doesnt look like an ace, so why not?
Old 05-26-2007, 11:27 PM

This is good Mike. I know you'd play an ace this way too which makes everything happy happy.

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-27-2007, 12:11 AM

Sure can get a non-Ace pair or maybe a weak-sauce Ace to fold and the pot is big enough to justify, I would think.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:32 AM

I think howmany's game might have a hole in it if you think this play is profitable. His raising range on that rainbow flop should include lots of Ax hands, a few 3x hands and PPs, and not all that much else. Calling to induce turn/river bluffs is a played-out, transparent line, so I'd hope he'd raise top pair there a good portion of the time.

If howmany's game doesn't have this hole then he just owned you bad cuz most of his range is top pair and yeah right he's gonna fold that.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think howmany's game might have a hole in it if you think this play is profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Under these game conditions, he has no business sitting down if he didn't ever take this line with banana's. Look at what mike's doing.

This is the type of turn 3 bet spew I was talking about. It's awful yet sometimes necessary. Hope he did it light. I like mike's play. It's what gets the A's paid off when he has them.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:11 AM

the instinctual standard play for almost all players when they flop an A on that flop in this sort of short scenario is to just call.