Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2006, 06:30 PM

Default Show your HUD

I have made similar posts on the micro forum before, where we share ideas and compare our layouts. I thought I might try it on this forum as well. Doing this before has provided me with a lot of ideas, and allowed me to share what I think are some good ideas with other players. It has been benficial all the way around.

Here is that you do. Post a screen shot of your HUD and briefly explain it. Seperately (or alternately), discuss what stats you find most helpful, and comment on the HUD layouts of others.

Okay, here is my HUD layout for PS full:

Unlike most others, I color code my statisitics, leaving them all one color. I don't need the color green to tell me that a vpip of 56.2 is very loose. So instead I allow each color to represent one stat.
Here is what each color means:
<font color="green">Vpip
<font color="red">Preflop raise
<font color="blue">Cold call preflop %
<font color="orange">Aggression (top flop, middle turn, bottom river)
<font color="yellow">WtSD</font></font></font></font></font></font></font>
Number of hands in white

A few thoughts for discussion purposes:

I find including CC preflop to be pretty valuable.

I know a lot of people have won$SD, but I wonder if this capture short term luck more than anything of analytical value.

I tried fold to bet by street (similar to how I have aggression by street), but did not find it that useful.

One thing I have been considering is replacing aggression factor with aggression frequency. Anyone have any feedback on this?
Old 01-15-2006, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Show your HUD

i really like your layout, i think i might adapt that for 6max at party (what i play mostly).i agree with you on won $ at showdown, its takes A LOT of hands before this stat converges to anything meaningful. my won$showdown goes sub 50 for multiples thousands of hands. My VPIP and PFR and agg don't jump close to that much.

EDIT TO ADD: attempt to steal is one stat i really like and it doesn't seem you use it. it is more relevant at 6max of course
Old 01-18-2006, 10:02 PM

what is the best HUD setup for no limit play. thanks
Old 01-19-2006, 08:36 AM

here is my layout. the stats is use are

vp$ip / pfr / total agression / #hands (above the namebox)
aggression frequency flop/turn/river (next to the namebox)
icon / fold cb (under the namebox)
wtsd / w$sd (under the namebox)

in the left corner are the tablestats and my stats for the sessions when i am seated (#hands, prf, total agg, net$won)

i just started to color-code the stats. basicly green means fine, red means not so good and white means nothing. but i have to refine it.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

http://mitglied.lycos.de/toohardcore/layout1.bmp
Old 01-19-2006, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what is the best HUD setup for no limit play. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]No such thing. <ul type="square">[*]Decide which stats you care about.[*]Look at the above arrangements to get ideas of display styles[*]Make your own or adapt somebody else's.[/list]-Sam
Old 01-15-2006, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have made similar posts on the micro forum before, where we share ideas and compare our layouts. I thought I might try it on this forum as well. Doing this before has provided me with a lot of ideas, and allowed me to share what I think are some good ideas with other players. It has been benficial all the way around.

Here is that you do. Post a screen shot of your HUD and briefly explain it. Seperately (or alternately), discuss what stats you find most helpful, and comment on the HUD layouts of others.

Unlike most others, I color code my statisitics, leaving them all one color. I don't need the color green to tell me that a vpip of 56.2 is very loose. So instead I allow each color to represent one stat.
<font color="green">Vpip
Number of hands in white

I know a lot of people have won$SD, but I wonder if this capture short term luck more than anything of analytical value.

I tried fold to bet by street (similar to how I have aggression by street), but did not find it that useful.

One thing I have been considering is replacing aggression factor with aggression frequency. Anyone have any feedback on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a great layout. I'm going to use that myself I think.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="green">Vpip
Number of hands in white

[/ QUOTE ]

HOw can i get this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-09-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="green">Vpip
Number of hands in white

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HOw can i get this?
Old 01-15-2006, 08:28 PM

I use the black Party layout found here and so far i'm lovin it. Made a few minor adjustments and I'm good to go.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I use the black Party layout found here and so far i'm lovin it. Made a few minor adjustments and I'm good to go.

[/ QUOTE ]HA! I didn't follow your link before I posted. I didn't realize you were talking about my layout. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Glad you like it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Gregatron, you should check-out that thread WalkAmong linked to. (Isn't proficiency in Search a prereq for getting your name in green?) There's some discussion of a few of your points there.

My "fold on &lt;street&gt;" numbers are really, really useful in 6max. Really really.
-Sam