Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this game on national TV tonight? I'd like to see Kolb in the 2nd half.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wish he got his first snap in Philly, so I could listen to the smattering of boos. I really hope McNabb starts for us for another 6+ years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the point of this post. First of all, it isn't Kolb's fault he got drafted "high". Second of all, you people booed McNabb on draft day and he's fukin awesome. Third of all, whether or not McNabb is one of the best QB's in the league, you should still hope to develop a top-notch backup (or maybe you don't remember as far back as 2006?). Fourth of all, if McNabb stays healthy and plays at this level for the next 6 years, sure, he should start. But if Kolb (or anyone else) does better at some point, you should want the best option in there.

But good post. Just loaded with pertinent information.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I never booed the McNabb selection. Second of all, I don't hate Kolb, I'm just sick of all the McNabb haters. He's been one of the best quarterbacks of the past decade, and it's tiring for people not to appreciate that and just bash the guy. Obviously I want Kolb to develop into a good back-up (and eventually a good starter).

The local media especially has a tendency to trash McNabb and claim that the majority of fans don't support him. That isn't at all true. I'd say maybe 15-20% are anti-McNabb. To see Kolb booed would just be a personal victory.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:21 PM

eagles 8-1 to win nfc. book it.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wish he got his first snap in Philly, so I could listen to the smattering of boos. I really hope McNabb starts for us for another 6+ years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the point of this post. First of all, it isn't Kolb's fault he got drafted "high". Second of all, you people booed McNabb on draft day and he's fukin awesome. Third of all, whether or not McNabb is one of the best QB's in the league, you should still hope to develop a top-notch backup (or maybe you don't remember as far back as 2006?). Fourth of all, if McNabb stays healthy and plays at this level for the next 6 years, sure, he should start. But if Kolb (or anyone else) does better at some point, you should want the best option in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I never booed the McNabb selection. Second of all, I don't hate Kolb, I'm just sick of all the McNabb haters. He's been one of the best quarterbacks of the past decade, and it's tiring for people not to appreciate that and just bash the guy. Obviously I want Kolb to develop into a good back-up (and eventually a good starter).

The local media especially has a tendency to trash McNabb and claim that the majority of fans don't support him. That isn't at all true. I'd say maybe 15-20% are anti-McNabb. To see Kolb booed would just be a personal victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the hell did I trash McNabb? He's probably my favorite QB in the NFL and I'm a Texans fan. All I said was I wanted to see Kolb play tonight (he's from my alma mater), and McNabb isn't even touching the ball tonight so how the hell do you misconstrue that as meaning I hate McNabb???
Old 08-14-2007, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Continuing to pray McNabb gets fed up and demands trade to his hometown team. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of Philly fans are just idiots I've found. They're ridiculous homers on one hand, and then on the other hand they berate their own players even when its clear that their booing is hurting their team. There are a few exceptions, including a few very good posters on this board that are Philly fans.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:25 PM

i have to say also my initial knock last season against mcnabb was he had no one to throw to after TO left. Then they got stallworth. now stallworth is gone, and the eagles didnt even draft a WR. They picked up kevin curtis who def has potential, but is he better than a #2 or #3 receiver? and is reggie brown really the number 1 despite having just 800 yards in his best year?
Old 08-15-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of Philly fans are just idiots I've found. They're ridiculous homers on one hand, and then on the other hand they berate their own players even when its clear that their booing is hurting their team. There are a few exceptions, including a few very good posters on this board that are Philly fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you think I'm one of those idiots, Assani, but the only time I have ever booed the Eagles was when they punted last year in the playoffs. And sure I'm a homer, but aren't we all? And honestly, the biggest homers I have ever met are Skins fans (I'm not implying you).

edit: apparently I am an idiot because I can't even spell the damn word.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:43 AM

how many games is the over/under for this to happen?
Old 08-18-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Prediction: 12-4, McNabb leading QB in yds, Westbrook leads NFC in yds/touch.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahahahahahahaha..

Old 08-18-2007, 12:49 AM

Unfortunately I'm not in Atlanta for school and could not watch the game. Hopefully I'll be able to catch on the NFL Network at some point.

For those who watched the game, what were your opinions?

Just about everything I've read so far was positive. Sounds like McNabb looked like his old self (only with the addition of a nice knee accessory), Celek again looked good, Curtis played well, Abiamiri had a solid game, Sav punted and held well...

Anyone disagree? Also I'm interested in how Bunkley, Gocong, Spikes and Gaddis looked?

On the Andrews front, I've heard some very encouraging and very disturbing news. Some sources say he is likely done for the year, while others are saying he will almost definitely be ready by the opener. Our offensive line has not played well without him, so losing Shawn would put a big damper on the season. Only injuries to McNabb, Westbrook, Dawk, and Lito would worry me more. Ick I hope he's okay.