Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: PLO Aces up+FD vs. ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're not playing A983 to see that on the flop. Easy fold post flop since you will never know where you are in the hand on the turn or river.
If you call the flop, no matter what card hits, you will have a tough time value betting it when you are ahead and folding it when you are behind.
You will spew more than you milk here by calling this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you call preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Me personally? All the time from button or cutoff.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:08 AM

preflop is fine. Definitely take one off on the flop. You can give up most turns if he keeps firing.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:36 AM

is it reasonable that utg raised pre flop with some low suited wrap hand?

my god man........call.

you'll know exactly where you stand on the turn no matter what card comes up........ by calling the flop.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nothing too bad about the preflop call with a suited ace in position, but as ribbo said, this isn't the flop you called to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

but its not a flop to fold either.

i thought poker was an information game. i'm not trying to be a smart ass but hmmmmmmm, i flop 2 pair with a flush draw and i'm heads up with position........fold. doesnt make sense.

ok ok, i understand that there is a liklihood that you are up against a better hand or better draw.......but not likely up against both.

i just cant see how anyone can fold here without any information. i snap call this all day long.

the turn will tell you all you need to know.

and ok, lets face it, there isnt much reward in this pot even if you do end up with the best hand but i think its a great small pot situation.

utg can have a bunch of different hands that you have crushed right now but he is trying to represent that flop. i know i would if i was utg.

i'd be more nervous of a check by utg on the flop to tell you the truth.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nothing too bad about the preflop call with a suited ace in position, but as ribbo said, this isn't the flop you called to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is, because in this case it really doesn't matter what the villain has. There is not one card in the deck you want to see hit on the turn, not one. It's impossible for you to draw to the nuts here so value betting will be a big problem as will knowing when you're ahead or behind.
I mention this in one of my videos how giving up a few pots on the flop means you will never have a tough decision for all your stack later in the hand.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:26 PM

If you don't think you can outplay your opponent in "tough decisions" then dont' even call preflop. You did call, so play.

I almost certainly call the flop and evaluate the turn.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:19 PM

Is making a raise for information on the flop out of the question? Villain could have a hand like QQJT or another suited connecting hand and trying to represent AAxx or KKxx.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is, because in this case it really doesn't matter what the villain has. There is not one card in the deck you want to see hit on the turn, not one. It's impossible for you to draw to the nuts here so value betting will be a big problem as will knowing when you're ahead or behind.
I mention this in one of my videos how giving up a few pots on the flop means you will never have a tough decision for all your stack later in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

who says you have to play for stacks? call the flop, if villan bets turn then muck, if villan checks turn, then op's hand is probably good.

they dont always have aces with nut flush draw.

villan can easily have 8 high here too.

ugh, i guess we just see things totally different. i dont exactly hate a fold either but that just seems a little too nitty for me.

dont we have to give a little action to get some action too?
Old 10-06-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is making a raise for information on the flop out of the question? Villain could have a hand like QQJT or another suited connecting hand and trying to represent AAxx or KKxx.

[/ QUOTE ]

raising for info is hardly ever a good play. calling is much better here.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:02 PM

i think preflop is ok.

tough situation on the flop. i think a fold is ok. or i may call and evaluate on the turn

on the turn i would fold if he bets and i didn't hit a club. if i hit a club i would call and fold to a river bet. it is very passive but your hand is fragile and having 2 pair means nothing if opponent has AK, AA or KK which is highly probable.