Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What Chu Think
Yes 13 72.22%
No 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: gambool

when the negative side of variance hits me?? i have been 8-12 tabling for 8 hours or more pretty much everyday for three years. i have played over 3 million hands.

i'm not a dumbass teenager who thinks he's god at poker because he ran good at high stakes for 100K hands last month. i have grinded my way from .1c .2c to 25 50 NL over the course of three years and countless hours and hands and i never even deposited. i took second in a freeroll.

i have won and lost what most americans make in one year in a single day. believe me when i tell you, you have no right to tell me about variance.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:26 PM

If you think poker is not gambling or that not having a losing month in 18 is not partially due to good luck than you deserve to be flamed for the remainder of your poker playing days.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:43 PM

i'm here to learn from really smart good players, not add to already teaming mass of insulting, counterproductive and grandiose [censored] who surf these forums.

of course it is PARTIALLY due to good luck. if i lose with AA everytime i get it AI PF 200 times it's going to hard to win, but who runs that bad?

i megamultitable and play 5K hands daily, 6 or 7 days a week thus eliminating variance on a monthly basis. the swings people talk about in one month i see in a matter of days. it's because of this, among other things and why i'm a consistent winner and it has nothing to do with luck.

i have run just as good or as bad as anyone else and i seriously doubt more than a select few understand negative variance as well as i do due to the amount of hands i crank out daily, and have been doing so for some time now.

prop bets welcome, flame on
Old 10-01-2007, 07:43 PM

Does the 2nd pole count neutral EV stuff like flips?

If so, I guess I pay like $50 in flip-rake/year.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:48 PM

im between 10 and 30, i dont think ive ever had a +$ session playing any of those games but its so damn fun
Old 10-01-2007, 08:05 PM

probably around 1k.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and the time he hustled me for 100 in the "how many chips do I have?" game.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this work?
Old 10-04-2007, 04:17 PM

I think like ~5% of your profit is reasonable, unless you are a total nit.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think poker is not gambling or that not having a losing month in 18 is not partially due to good luck than you deserve to be flamed for the remainder of your poker playing days.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could probably learn a lot if you chose to listen to what CB has to say. (Here's a interesting thread about him: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...art=1&vc=1)

He is absolutely correct with what he has said. I have played 10,000s hands Vs him whilst we both 12 tabled at $1/$2. He has since moved up to higher stakes, and he is talented enough to increase his profits further.

I personally have been playing since October 2004, and all of my 36 months have shown a profit. Good luck is so negligable over 100k - 150k hands/month of cash hands.

Whether poker is gambling or not is situation-dependent. For some (e.g. Very good mid-stake cash multi-tablers,) their edge is so great [over a significant sample of hands] that it can't be considered "gambling" per se as there is no doubt as to the outcome.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:11 AM

Cameronberry - how the hell have you experienced the same amount of swings as other people just because you play loads of hands....YOU PLAY $1/$2 FULL RING LOL