Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Celtics want Reggie Miller

Lifelong Reggie fan.

I cried when Reggie said (para) "As much as you've been happy to have me, I've been proud to be a Pacer...and a Hoosier". The thought of him in another uniform is sickening, but I hope he does whatever makes him happy (he could come back to the Pacers you know, maybe get us up to a .500 team).

Also, I never got the Reggie hate, except from NT who's a douche anyway. The guy was a trash-talker on the court (there are worse crimes) and a great guy and model citizen off. Class act all the way.

Cody
Old 08-09-2007, 01:17 PM

I always liked Reggie. I wouldn't mind having him in Green as long as he rarely played and basically just gave the team even more experience in crunch time.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:34 PM

mo42nyy,

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of people said Jordan shouldnt come back the first time.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? No reasonable person thought this at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuck,

[ QUOTE ]
The second time he came back was in the wake of 09/11 and maybe that was part of the reason but it literally barely made national headlines.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? It was huge news for months when Jordan was considering coming back for the Wiz.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:40 PM

NoodleMan,

That's just not the way I remember it at all, particularly in comparison to the first return. It could be that it was big news just before 09/11 but he made the announcement just after and IIRC ESPN.com didn't even lead with the story, they kept it on the sidebar.

It also could be that it was bigger news where you were at the time (presumably Indiana, home of basketball and abutting Chicago) than out here. But the first one was a huge national deal for sure.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:44 PM

Tug,

I was going to school in Chicago at the time, which definitely had more interest in the comeback than most cities but it was all over espn. They reported all his summer workouts and pickup games, do you not remember hearing all about Artest breaking his ribs?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:50 PM

Hmmm, could just be I'm mis-remembering it though but that's my impression, and six years worth of heavy drinking since then has probably impacted my memory.

Yeah, I remember the Artest thing.

I don't know how old you are (not a dig) but if you remember his first comeback in early 1995 I hope you'll at least concur that the press coverage was WAY bigger for the first comeback, perhaps due in part to the fact that it was during the NBA season.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:09 PM

Bring Back Lou Roe!
Old 08-09-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, could just be I'm mis-remembering it though but that's my impression, and six years worth of heavy drinking since then has probably impacted my memory.

Yeah, I remember the Artest thing.

I don't know how old you are (not a dig) but if you remember his first comeback in early 1995 I hope you'll at least concur that the press coverage was WAY bigger for the first comeback, perhaps due in part to the fact that it was during the NBA season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv the first comeback was much bigger, likely due to the in season nature and the fact that he was rejoining a playoff contender.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:35 PM

I liked MJ's comebacks. The fact that he came back to the Wiz and had a couple of "sub-par" seasons and is still the career leader in PER further cements his legacy.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:01 PM

so jordan or kareem shouldnt play because their talent drops off (jordan still a good player and kareem an average center) because other people don't want to see them with diminished skills? [censored] that- if someone is still good enough to play professionally and thats what they want to do let them.

By the way a lot of people though Jordan was gonna suck when he made his first comeback.