Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you use a stats overlay program (PokerAce HUD, Gametime+)?
yes 22 50.00%
no 22 50.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2007, 04:49 AM

Default Re: What type of players do you want at your table? (LC)

Obviously nits that will roll over and get pwned when you loosen up.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm having some trouble understanding why this is obvious, so please help me out. Why do you think the value of 8 maniacs donating all their chips is less than 8 tight passive players. It's not like a tight passive player always will let you steal his blind. In general pushing your stack in the middle with crap, or calling an all in with crap (maniacs do this too you know) will be a bigger mistake than folding your blinds light. Do you see why?
Old 03-01-2007, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm having some trouble understanding why this is obvious, so please help me out. Why do you think the value of 8 maniacs donating all their chips is less than 8 tight passive players. It's not like a tight passive player always will let you steal his blind. In general pushing your stack in the middle with crap, or calling an all in with crap (maniacs do this too you know) will be a bigger mistake than folding your blinds light. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way to beat loose passive players is to get good cards and value bet the crap out of them. Being at a table with this kind of players is great when you are running hot and picking up great hands. It is less good when you are dry on cards though.

On a table of nits, you don't need cards to get a good stack. Here you can as a thinking player use your skills to play loose agressive, and slowly but consistently build a big stack. You can play and win a lot of small pots, and almost never fail to build a large stack. This technique can rarely be used online because most players there are loose passive/agressive. However, a lot of top class players, like Phil Ivey, use this strategy early in big events like the WSOP ME. Here it works fine, because the players are tight and scared.