Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Weird withdrawal question

Hey everyone, I am hoping some of you could shed some light on my situation. I have about 1200 in my account on a rakeback website. I want to withdraw it, but the rakeback site does not allow me to put it into my current pokersite. The two online wallet type sites it allows me to withdraw into are epassporte (which is very pricey) and neteller (i am canadian and can't use it anymore).

However, the rakeback site does allow me to withdraw my money into fulltilt or ultimatebet. I think it would be great if I withdrew it into fulltilt, and then use one of their many and more convenient withdrawal options to get the money into my personal bank account. This is where I am confused. I do not have a real money account at either ultimate bet or fulltilt. If I were to create an account at fulltilt just to use it to transfer money from my rakeback site into my fulltilt and finally into my bank account, would they not have a problem with this? I could see them having an issue since they may think it is unusual, since I did not play a single hand and withdrew a fairly large amount of money that was just deposited.

If anyone could please help me I would be most greatful. With the decline of the US dollar, I want to get this money out of my rakeback site and into CAD as soon as possible! Thanks.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Weird withdrawal question

Likely you will have a problem. Poker rooms understandably don't like being used as a withdrawal service...be prepared to give them some cover play. Exactly how much, I couldn't say. I think FT is a better choice than UB, though, as UB is known for sending cashouts back when you don't give them enough play. Not to mention their lousy CS and the AP scandal.

If you don't ever intend to set up a RB account at FT, I'd suggest signing up for a bonus through PSO or PokerSavvy...you might as well clear some extra bonus while you're giving them some play!

I'd also start petitioning your RB site to add Moneybookers or some other more tenable solution for Canadians.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:34 PM

Thats what I figured. Could any Canadians who have used Epassporte share their experiences (ie. fees, processing time, etc).
Old 11-05-2007, 09:50 PM

You might want to check out the ePassporte thread in the Zoo (Internet Gambling forum). It's mostly Americans posting in that thread, but it should give you a general idea - not good, IMO. I gave up early on after they need me to confirm the amount they put on my credit card in US $, and then didn't respond to my emails for months. There's also a thread on "eWallets for Canadians" you could check out...I don't recall if there is much in the way of ePassporte posts in there, but you might find some.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:01 PM

Thank you so much for your help Bobo Fett. Good to see that there are still people like you out there.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were to create an account at fulltilt just to use it to transfer money from my rakeback site into my fulltilt and finally into my bank account, would they not have a problem with this?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes they will, but you have another option:

- create (rakeback) account
- clear the sign-up bonus
- withdraw immediately.

They will mark you as a bonus abuser and because of that they'll give you a new bonus after another 3 months [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
(standard at FTP that gives bonuses to everyone except loyal players - at least they give us iron man bonuses...)

Then every 3 months you can play with 93% rakeback (66% bonus + 27% standard).
Old 11-05-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I were to create an account at fulltilt just to use it to transfer money from my rakeback site into my fulltilt and finally into my bank account, would they not have a problem with this?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes they will, but you have another option:

- create (rakeback) account
- clear the sign-up bonus
- withdraw immediately.

They will mark you as a bonus abuser and because of that they'll give you a new bonus after another 3 months [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
(standard at FTP that gives bonuses to everyone except loyal players - at least they give us iron man bonuses...)

Then every 3 months you can play with 93% rakeback (66% bonus + 27% standard).

[/ QUOTE ]
Small point - if the bonus is really worth 66%, it would be 66% + 27% of 34%, as they deduct bonuses at FT. That would end up being 75%. Don't mean to be a nit, but I wouldn't want anyone to expect 93%.

Anyway, this is also a good option instead of my PSO/Savvy idea, if you want RB at FT.