Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Things you do that piss people off.

I reply to some of the more obtuse posters here and get great joy from ticking them off. (Note-You are not one of them)
Old 05-07-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Most of the time I dont answer my phone

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes indeedy. I love to do this, and people really really hate me for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm bad like this too. I often feel like, if I wanted to talk to them, I'd be the one doing the calling.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:16 PM

Continue breathing
Old 05-08-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my dad gets mad when i fart in public.

[/ QUOTE ]

How sad. W/o farting my stepdad and I would have had nothing to bond over. Although I guess that's kind of sad too.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm glad that you can bond with your stepdad over farts. instead, i had to grow up with my father not respecting or appreciating one of my greatest talents.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
subconciously brush up/bump people that im walkign side by side w/ ive been told that sense 6th grade.

it sounds alot wierder than it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this, too. It drives my wife nuts. It's like she's walking in a straight line and I'm drunk-walking side to side. I like to walk closer to her than I do with my friends and she's smaller, so it's extra annoying for her.

Also, as someone else said, I'm always right and I can't stand to sit quietly and allow someone else to be wrong. I HAVE to speak up and correct them. I will allow for the possibility that I'm wrong, but when I KNOW I'm right, I won't back down. This is mainly a problem for my mother-in-law, which becomes a problem for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man this one terrible. I do this constantly, every year by best friends and I would all do oud christmas shoopign a couple days before chirstmas, then go out drinking. I am now barred because I brush up against them too much, they are walking in a straight line, but I for some reason just veer towards them, it annoys the hell out of them.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:12 AM

When I had a job, I think some of my friends spited me for how much I made compared to them. But now that I'm jobless, who's laughing? WHO I SAY????
Old 05-08-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems like at least a quarter of the things mentioned by posters in this thread are described as if they are virtues, or as evidence of the superiority of the poster.

Being "brutally honest" is usually just being a dick. That's why they get pissed at you.

Not sucking up to bosses, refusing to answer "dumb" questions, not having to study as much as most people, etc. are all just examples of posters describing the ways in which they're better than most people and how they subsequently face resentment for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The question wasn't, "What do you do that is bad or could be construed that way, plus it can't be anything with redeeming value?" It was, What do you do that pisses people off?

Sometimes people get pissed off because they're arseholes. Sometimes people seek out opportunities to be pissed off, bring it on themselves, and probably deserve to be pissed off.

Agreed that being "brutally honest" is often just being a dick, and even doing so for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I was gonna say the intent of the question was clearly to name things you do that would justifiably generate anger or resentment from a rational person, not to name characteristics or talents you possess that through no fault of your own cause insecure [censored] to resent you. But after looking back over the thread I see that the OP's intent was not as narrowly focused as I believed it to be.

Seems weird to me though. Traits such as being good at tests, being honest or not being a suckup depend on the insecurities of the people who resent you to qualify as "things you do that piss people off." If the parameters are broad enough to allow that then pretty much anyone who has any kind of talent, brains or a spine is liable to have "pissed people off" at some point or another, even if he or she was always thoughtful and polite. I just don't think we should count it when the people in question are jerks and that is the only reason they are pissed.

I guess in the spirit of contributing, by my own narrow parameters:

I sometimes berate my friends when we play poker. I'm much better than I was a couple years ago, but I'm still a giant douche fairly frequently.

I hardly ever give someone else the last word in an argument, even at the cost of temporarily souring the mood at a social gathering because I won't let it die.

Sometimes when I think I'm playfully mocking people I don't know that well I'm actually being a jerk. I was drinking with this cute girl a few weeks ago and at first was flirting and playfully making fun of her, but she ended up leaving our party because I apparently just flat-out called her stupid a couple times.

Using the broader parameters:

I'm more talented than the vast majority of guitar players I meet (this does not make me a virtuoso -- I just don't meet many good guitar players). Sometimes I end up jamming with them, and when we agree on a song to play I discover they aren't playing it right. I sometimes have to correct them, which I do as tactfully as possible. This frequently causes them to brood in silence for a while and makes the mood tense. I don't jam with people much anymore partially for this reason.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If me and friends are watching a movie we've all seen before, I'll say a line I've memorized along with the movie. Not annoying if it happens once, but if I've seen the movie a lot, I may recite many lines.

At least for the girls I date, I like to use logic in arguments. Also, I don't raise my voice when arguing. It pisses them off major.

I answer my cell phone rarely. It's always on vibrate (mostly because I hate every ring tone I have). And most of the time, I don't want to talk to the people who are calling.

I'm a steak snob. I will, at the very least, silently think less of you if you have A1 with a good steak, marinade a good steak with crap, or cook it well done.

Also, I say almost everything sarcastically. Friends have known to take things I say the wrong way -- mostly things I really mean seriously, but since I use sarcasm a lot, they don't know if I'm serious or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

the bold is sooooo true and is very effective in 'winning' arguments

I think I'd like you
Old 05-08-2007, 02:39 AM

- If I'm working on a deadline I will always deliver at the last possible moment I know I can get away with.

- I can get very impatient when employees try to ask me something in a rambling fashion. If you can't explain yourself short, sweet and logically, it drives me crazy.

IRL I have all the patience in the world. At work, you better get to the point. I know this attitude intimidates which tends to make the situation worse. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I ask "what" even tho I heard what someone said. Its its just like a reflex.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this as well, there's actually a medical condition for it. My dad has it as do I. It's something about how, although you hear something perfectly well, it actually takes your brain longer than normal to process it into meaningful information.

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

Fascinating. I had a friend in high school who did exactly the same thing. He'd say "what?" but then answer you before you had time to repeat yourself nearly every time you asked him a question.