Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 01:08 PM

Default 25NL Is this a good or bad move?

Villian is a very aggresive player that bets hard on every hand he plays. I stacket him when he pushed with 55 on on a limpt flop (666). He would be decent if he knew how to defend his stack.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Hero ($53.75)
MP3 ($42.25)
CO ($9.60)
Button ($2.35)
SB ($12.35)
BB ($4.65)
UTG ($25.70)
UTG+1 ($8.70)
MP1 ($4.65)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9, 9.
3 folds</font>,Hero raises to $0.75</font>, MP3 calls $0.75,4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($1.85) 4, 2, 3 (2 players)</font>
Hero bets $1.2</font>, MP3 raises to $5.45</font>, Hero raises to $54.2 (All-In)</font>, MP3 calls $36.05 (All-In).

Turn: ($84.85) 4 2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($84.85) A 2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $84.85
Old 11-24-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Is this a good or bad move?

Well, if he raises with a range like {JJ-55,AhKh,AhQh,AhJh,AhTh,Ah9h,Ah8h,Ah7h,Ah6h,Ah5h,Ah 3h,KhQh,KhJh,QhJh,JhTh,Th9h,9h8h,8h7h,65s,43s,65o} , then your equity all-in vs that range is ~42%. So, if the range is in the right ball park, then it's a bad move. I think bet/fold is best if you cb and get raised like this.

If you want to make a stand with this hand, then you might call the raise, then CRAI on a blank turn (like the 4d) because now that there is no heard and a non-straightening turn card, your equity jumps up to 48% with only one card to go and when he bets the turn you'll have enough overlay in the pot to gamble that he's betting a draw.

One last option vs a guy who bluffs too much would be to c/c the flop, c/c the turn, and c/c most rivers. Vs that same range, which may even get wider for him to bet if you c/c the flop, you are ~42% equity on the flop, ~48% equity on that turn, and ~35% equity on the river. Given that you stay about 2:1 to win vs his range for betting every time you check, you can c/c profitably every steet as long as he doesn't overbet the pot. The only way you end up with too little equity to call a pot sized be is if the board ends up something like this, 4h2h3s5hAd, where (despite a straight on the board) he has 75% equity since he likely has so many flush hands and higher straights. So, if the turn is a scare card (like a heart) and the river is another one (like another straight card) and he bets big, then you can c/f.

fold &gt; call/CRAI blank turn (but this is best if you want to make a stand vs a guy you suspect is pushing you around too much with too little) &gt; c/c all streets (but sometimes this is OK vs a guys who bluffs too much)
Old 11-24-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: 25NL Is this a good or bad move?

I've been told today, that I might play a bit too aggressive but even I don't know if I would risk 160BB with just one pair. Especially not if a player that, like you say, is overly aggressive just cold calls your preflop raise. I have seen those kind of players slowplay big pairs preflop quite often.
I guess it is better to pick another spot against him where your hand is really strong.

Also I would try too get a seat to the left of him to try and isolate him on my strong hands.

Having said that I guess I should mention that I suck at poker and comment on hands merely to improve my own game.

Sugar Nut
Old 11-25-2007, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Is this a good or bad move?

Thx for the great coments.

He definatly didnīt have a big pair or AK, AQ. He would have reraised me, with he had done before and actually showing KK both times. (I think he would rerasie my with AT and KQs too.)
My thought on this guy was that he plays only good starting hands but that he bets to hard and canīt releas it when he need to.

I put him on a middle/low pair or a suited-conector type of hands like JT, J9, 89, QJ. When he reraises me the only hand i think iīm behind is 44 and mayby TT but unlikly. Since i donīt have position i decided too push and if he calles with 44,(TT) so bee it. If an overcard in diamond falles Iīm going to have to fold if he bets hard again and iīm perfectly fine with him folding two overcards since the pot is big egnough as it is.

He did infact have 88 and got stacked again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]