Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Testosterone Question

[ QUOTE ]
Seen the urologist today. Seemed like a great doctor. He explained a lot of stuff, told me there are a number of causes, and specifically mentioned that it could be caused by obesity. However, after reviewing my medical history he thinks it's unlikely that's it related to my weight.

He ordered 14 blood tests and a testicular ultrasound. I go back on 12/3 to discuss treatment options, but he's leaning toward replacement therapy using a gel. (obv depending on test results).

My testicles are smaller than normal and the left is smaller than the right (noticeably so).

He basically said that the blood test I had done doesn't mean a whole lot, and he puts very little stock in the total testosterone test. He takes all the patient's symptoms into account before deciding if the replacement therapy is needed.

We'll cover the specifics of the treatment on the next visit. All in all it was a good visit. He seems like he knows what he's doing, and I'm pretty confident with him after the first visit.

Next update after 12/3 visit.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you start taking any supplements, especially zinc, korean/chinese ginseng, and fish oil?

I mean zinc is probably the main thing you can do, 99% is stored in your testes and it's absolutely vital for men.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did you start taking any supplements, especially zinc, korean/chinese ginseng, and fish oil?

I mean zinc is probably the main thing you can do, 99% is stored in your testes and it's absolutely vital for men.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.drkaslow.com/html/zinc-co...mbalances.html
[ QUOTE ]
Copper and zinc are regarded as neurotransmitters and are in high concentrations in brain hippocampus. As a result elevated copper and depressed zinc have been associated with hyperactivity, attention deficit disorders, behavior disorders, and depression. Also, many of those labeled with autism and paranoid schizophrenia have elevated blood copper levels in addition to other biochemical imbalances.

It has been reported (HRI-PTC) that 80% of hyperactive patients and 68% of behavior-disordered patients have elevated blood copper levels. Their families often report worsened hyperactivity/behavior after consuming vitamin supplements or cereals rich in copper. In many cases, symptoms may be provoked by consuming chocolate (rich in copper) or food dyes rich in hydrazines, which lower blood zinc levels.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-23-2007, 03:36 PM

Haven't done anything yet. Waiting on the next doctor visit once all the necessary blood work is done. We'll talk about what the plan will be at that time.