Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 03:21 AM

Default Re: [150NL] 88 Flopped set 550bb\'s Deep

i'm being sarcastic b/c you are saying you are folding a set only having to be right <30% of the time. this post only gets made in ssnl if he loses, so it's easy to jump on the bandwagon, point at the results and say, look how sweet my fold is. Folding here is burning money.

No one here has given me one reason why this couldn't be AK/44 other than zomg were so deep. The villain is reasonably aggressive and he would be far from the first guy to go broke with top two. He probably views your hand as 44 or something he has beat, two pair or w/e (you prob raise 88 more often than not). He's not folding, he's OOP and wants to make sure you don't check behind a worse hand.

also you are getting 2.5 to 1 on your money. just call.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:23 AM

Michael -

I would have put in a pot sized-ish raise on the flop & gone from there. Most of the times he folds, oh well. Biut when he doesnt fold he will usually have a hand similar to AK, and will go in to call-down mode for pot control. Keep putting in decent sized bets until he folds or raises, then figure out what his range is based on what he did, how aggro/bluffy he is & what the board did.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm being sarcastic b/c you are saying you are folding a set only having to be right <30% of the time. this post only gets made in ssnl if he loses, so it's easy to jump on the bandwagon, point at the results and say, look how sweet my fold is. Folding here is burning money.

No one here has given me one reason why this couldn't be AK/44 other than zomg were so deep. The villain is reasonably aggressive and he would be far from the first guy to go broke with top two. He probably views your hand as 44 or something he has beat, two pair or w/e (you prob raise 88 more often than not). He's not folding, he's OOP and wants to make sure you don't check behind a worse hand.

also you are getting 2.5 to 1 on your money. just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you would've made this post 40 replies ago instead of "ssnl suckss lolz callz" you could've stopped all this.

that is all correct, good post.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:24 AM

In theory, a "Good TAG" is going to balance his play here somewhat. Sometimes he'll vb top two or bottom set, sometime he'll go nuts with QJs, JTs. So calling the absolute top of our perceived range seems required against the described opponent.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:26 AM

One good reason its not AK is that we are telegraphing our hand, and there is simply no value in shoving AK on the river as he's never getting called by A8. Assuming that both players involved in the hand are normalish players and have no reason to believe the other is making a play.

Only getting called by a better hand ETC. which i think is true here, berate me if you will im still learning how to play.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He probably views your hand as 44 or something he has beat, two pair or w/e

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides A8, what other possible 2-pair could op have here? And if villain views op's range as 44...why the hell would he shove AK?
Old 11-23-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but this is the most std line for AK/44 EVER.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea what you are talking about. I have no clue how people play at 5/10+ or whatever it is you play and you just as surely have no clue how people play at .75/1.5.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not folding, he's OOP and wants to make sure you don't check behind a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody said hes folding, wtf does that have to do with anything.

He 3bet the turn 3x Hero's raise. That's gone way past someone who is afraid of the river checking thru. That's someone who thinks they have a lock and wants to force an all-in. If he was just afraid of the river checking thru he'd probably call the turn raise & lead the river.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i know he has a set on flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

How the [censored] do you know that he has a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

Soul reading?
Old 11-23-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i know he has a set on flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

How the [censored] do you know that he has a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

Benzooor was very solid, I think hes usually 3betting my UTG open w. AK, and folding any other hand than 88, 44. He could have the case "K" but it is unlikely. This board is completely dry, most likely he has a set. Also, I bet full pot to look like i have AK, KQ and want to protect & find out no one has a set.

Goldfish, I think you're right, but no good player is flat calling the hands you mentioned preflop then stationing the UTG opener on flop

Also, I generally c-bet around 3/4 pot, but will mix between 1/2 to full. I rarely mash the pot button. Generally, i think it is good to be uniform, but obviously you sometimes want to make it more expensive than others.
Closed Thread