Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Line check 2 hands with monster stack in $30 Full Tilt tournament...

At the start of hand 1 I have 30,000 chips at 100/200. There are around 60 people left, 18 get paid, 2nd place has around 15,000. I've moved around a lot, no real reads.

Hand 1

Hero: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I'm on the button, cutoff raises to 700. He has around 4000 behind. I call.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain bets 1200. I raise all in.

Hand 2 (I now have 25,000)

Hero: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I'm in sb, folds to me, I raise to 600, bb calls with 7000 behind.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet 900, bb calls

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet pot, bb goes all in, I call...
Old 11-15-2007, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Line check 2 hands with monster stack in $30 Full Tilt tournament...

Hand 1

I don't think you are good here very often. His 1200 bet commits him,and I think you'll see an overpair here alot!! But with your stack compared to his,can't say I blame you...hell,I prob would do the same thing,but I still think you are behind almost always.

Hand 2

Reads would help on this one. How wide do you think BB's calling range is pre? I hope for you sake you weren't drawing dead here....

Pre and flop is fine I think. Turn I prefer a c/c. Looks like he's got a hand here when he calls flop,if my late nite math is correct it's 2k more to you to call his ai,so obv call...I do prefer a turn check tho...
Old 11-15-2007, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Line check 2 hands with monster stack in $30 Full Tilt tournament.

Hand 1 looks ok.
Hand 2 I kind of like a check-call or a check-shove on the turn depending on villain's betsize. If he makes a smallish bet giving me the right odds I'll probably just peel one, if he fires 1/2 pot or more I'd be more inclined to semi-bluff shove.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:09 AM

Hand 1 is fine as many players will cont bet with unpaired high cards or will bet a middle PP.

Hand 2
I don't like the turn bet. He probably has something on that flop.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:13 AM

Hand 1 - readless, I wouldn't mind a fold pf to be honest, he just 3.5x'd it and has only 4k behind...

Hand 2 - turn CRAI is def better with these stack sizes, c/c is OK too dependent on how much he bets.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:20 AM

Hand 2, the reason I led out is because I wanted to preserve some fold equity. If he has a smallish pair this is my best chance to get him to fold. If we are gonna get all in anyway, I really don't understand why we aren't leading, unless we are saying that a check gives us a chance to see a cheap river.