Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Give Up Poker For True Love?
yes 293 72.35%
no 112 27.65%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

Colts have signed Simeon Rice, who was just released by the Broncos. he seems like a good fit for the Colts, though at this point he's not Freeney.

not sure whose roster spot he'll take, but I'm not sure this is a great omen if you're hoping Freeney will come back soon
Old 11-12-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a PSA. The Jaguars - Titans game will be on NFL Replay tonight at 7. I feel like it should be a better game to watch than the MNF game.(obv. bias)

Anyway, if you want to see a defense make a QB look inept watch it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving up a career high in passing yards, and over 300 total yards isn't exactly making a QB look inept.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a PSA. The Jaguars - Titans game will be on NFL Replay tonight at 7. I feel like it should be a better game to watch than the MNF game.(obv. bias)

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Titans fan I want to put my piece in. Vince Young seems to have regressed terribly in the normal offensive set this year. At the end of last year I stated my dislike of Norm Chow's NFL offensive game plan and I want to repeat this. Last year he insisted on many occassions of making Young throw little 3 yard out patterns on 3rd and short. Time and again he would throw it poorly. It is simply a throw he cannot consistently make. If I had a qb like Young I would be rolling him out and giving him several options.

This year it is more of the same. People in Nashville are beginning to grumble about Chow's play calling. The 5 or 6 drives that began with simply running White and forcing 3rd and mid to long are not cutting it. Play to your qb's strengths dammit. He is not a great pocket passer at this point, and the Titans don't have play making wideouts. The only offense that works is having Young in the shotgun and letting him create with his legs. It allows the wrs to get open and opens up the occasional draw. Done venting but I hope something significant changes in the play calling in the future.

Also hopefully Marvin gets healthy because its fun watching Peyton when he has his weapons.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving up a career high in passing yards, and over 300 total yards isn't exactly making a QB look inept.

[/ QUOTE ]

On 40+ attempts 263 yards 1 td and 2 int's(albeit one was late in the game) is never a good day. Not to mention he had a couple of receivers open and couldn't get the ball to them and made some absolutely awful passes. Not to mention he had 160 through 3 quarters I believe, he got almost 100 of those yards vs a soft coverage, much the same way that Gray somehow threw for 300+ last week.

Quinn Gray made some bad ones too, one right at a TEN DB that was dropped that could have been taken back for some yardage. But Gray wasn't the #3 pick in the draft either.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
“We anticipate that Dwight will some significant amount of time – three, four games, maybe more,” Polian said Monday night on his weekly radio show.

[/ QUOTE ]
link
Old 11-13-2007, 05:29 AM

I just finished watching the Jacksonville-Tennessee game and Vince Young looked even worse than I thought he would. He's not just incapable of making long throws (which I already knew) but he was even bad at slant patterns and screen passes (which seemed fine earlier in the season). Even Michael Vick did fine on the short throws to guys like Alge. If Young can't even do that much then the Titans have a tough road ahead of them. His one touchdown was also a huge luckbox catch right in the middle of double coverage.

To make Needle happy, the Jacksonville O-line had a ridiculous game.

The Dwight Freeney news is unfortunate, but expected. We should still win the division with our second half cakewalk schedule. It's going to be a damn shame if we end up with another #3 seed after the start we had. More likely than not, that's what will happen.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
“We anticipate that Dwight will some significant amount of time – three, four games, maybe more,” Polian said Monday night on his weekly radio show.

[/ QUOTE ]
link

[/ QUOTE ]

I just saw an update on NFLN and they said its possible season-ending. Losing a premier pass rusher is devastating. I wonder if the Colts go to a scheme with more blitzes off the edge now due to centers peeling back on Mathis now due to lack of Freeney.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:26 AM

I was just screwing around and looking at some stuff and I vaguely remember saying that the Jags finishing in 3rd in the AFC South was a good thing last year because it could give them an easier schedule. Well, the Titans drew vs Jets/ @Cincy because they finished 2nd last year. Who did the Jags draw? vs Bills/ @Pitt.

The only positives that come out of it are the Jags vs Pitt is a nice "rivalry" that started in the Central and the teams tend to face each other quite often. And we get to avenge that horrible Bills game last year in which the Parish made a miracle catch("non-catch LDO) on the sidelines and Bills hit a last second field goal. I really wish we got Cincy instead of a late season game at Pitt, damnit.

I really really realllllllly hate the Titans. God I hope the Broncos tear them apart on Monday.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:41 PM

Alright lets go Jags!!! BTW, teams we are rooting for today, Baltimore, Patriots, Chiefs(if u want division)/Colts(if u think division is out of reach), Broncos. I'll be going for the Chiefs as dumb as it is, but I'll be optimistic still and hope that somehow Priest Holmes goes nuts. Then the Jags will control their destiny the rest of the season.

Lets go David, it's good to see you back.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:03 PM

Quentin Jammer is not starting today, Cromartie is keeping the position.

Bobby McCray is inactive today...looks as if its another suspension, God Damnit. Also, Broussard is inactive, that means our favorite hick Matt Jones will be in the lineup occasionally. Oh and John Carney is inactive....welcome back Scoooooooooooobs.