Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Bonds Responds

RedBean,
I for one am shocked that Carlos Lee won a silver slugger over Barry Bonds.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RedBean,
I for one am shocked that Carlos Lee won a silver slugger over Barry Bonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

No surprise, the award is given by Hillerich & Bradsby, the maker of Louisville Slugger bats......a brand Bonds shunned in favor of the Sam Bat.

They begrudgingly gave it to him from 2000-2004, during the best four season run ever, but never since....considering Bonds is an outspoken proponent of the Sam Bat, and at one point helped bail the owner of Sam Bat out of financial difficulty in order to keep him in business.

And since market share for ash bats in MLB has went from 100% to 48% in the last 10 years since Bonds began using maple and spreading the word.....I'm sure Louisville can't be too pleased.

And now you know...the rest of the story. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

WRONG!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong? Hmm...let's see, I said no MLB players testified that Bonds took steroids....

[ QUOTE ]

(1) Kimberley Bell testified that Bonds told her that he was using steroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...Kim Bell is not a former MLB player, nor is she a credible witness.....which is why the government cannot muster even a simple indictment based on her testimony, especially considering she changed her story.

[ QUOTE ]

(2) Conte may not have told the grand jury himself, but he certainly told another athlete that testified who saw the steroids at balco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, Conte has said many times that he had not given steroids to Bonds, and he hasn't testified different.

[ QUOTE ]
(3) Gary Sheffiled testified he took the Clear and Cream at Bonds direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're reading way more into Sheff's testimony than what exists. Go back and read it again.

[ QUOTE ]

(4) Bonds testified to using these substances too. The fact that Sheffield and Bonds claimed to not know what was in them does not change the fact that they were steroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "fact" that they were steroids?

Hardly.

It is the prosecution's allegation, and you are asserting it as "fact" based on your own interpretation of their circumstantial evidence.....but either way, it is most certainly NOT fact.

[ QUOTE ]

And there are the recordings of Anderson acknowledging that Bonds was taking an undetectable performance-enhancing drug

And Anderson's written records show that Bonds was taking these substances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg testified that Bonds was NOT one of the players he gave steroids, just like I said.

[ QUOTE ]

And Jim Valente told government agents that Bonds came to BALCO looking for undetectable perfomance-enhancing drugs. Conte said the same thing (although later backed away from these first statements -- original statements ring far truer).

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet, oddly enough, Valente did not testify to any of this....

[ QUOTE ]

Bonds may claim he didn't know what he was taking... and you can believe him. No one else who is at all impartial does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me get this straight, you refuse to believe him and instead choose to believe the prosecutions allegations based on circumstantial evidence, without giving the defense a chance to even present it's case.

And yet....you think you're the one being impartial.

Sweet...

[ QUOTE ]

I will leave it there and ignore the Beanster from here on

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably best for you, considering how the majority of what you think you know is wrong, and it looks like you got the balance of your "facts" from reading too many SI articles on the subject.

Have a nice day. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2007, 03:11 PM

RedBean,

What do you think of Tim Montgomery claiming Conte told him Bonds was on steroids?
Old 11-10-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RedBean,

What do you think of Tim Montgomery claiming Conte told him Bonds was on steroids?

[/ QUOTE ]

Montgomery is a confessed cheat and a convicted criminal who is due to be sentenced in this month, and I'm sure he'd say just about anything to shave some time of his stint in the big house...because quite frankly, his bony little ass isn't going to hold up to well on the inside. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Seriously though, all these people who are reportedly saying all these things to media members, from Kim Bell to Tim Montgomery, et al......have you ever noticed that it isn't anything near what they said when they were under oath and penalty of perjury.....I mean, you'd think if these guys were telling the truth, they'd tell a consistent story both under oath and to the media, but for some strange reason, it always seems to be a different version.

Funny how that works....

In short, Tim never testified to this, nor did Conte, and in fact, Conte is on record saying otherwise.

That you choose to put more weight in what they say outside the courtroom as opposed to what they say inside it while under penalty of law is up to you.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:29 PM

I hate myself for opening this thread to see what you wrote.

But I was glad to see that, as expected, you talked around the points I made and did not respond to any of them. Bonds may never be convicted of using steroids -- it doesn't mean there was not overwhelming evidence that he did.

That is why for the rest of baseball history, this will be the memory of Barry:
Old 11-10-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But I was glad to see that, as expected, you talked around the points I made and did not respond to any of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it was a "fact" that Bonds admitted using steroids in his GJ testimony....and it's been discussed on this board ad nauseum how that is far from the case.

Not even to mention the rest of your points being baseless rubbish and not based on facts.

But, you go on believing what you want, man...don't let the facts get in the way...and take whatever solace you want in the token act of defacing a baseball with a burn mark.

Cause it's all you got. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Click clack, 762 and counting...
Old 11-10-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RedBean,

[/ QUOTE ]

Hearsay.

I'd love to see some of this testimony hold up in a court of law.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But I was glad to see that, as expected, you talked around the points I made and did not respond to any of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it was a "fact" that Bonds admitted using steroids in his GJ testimony....and it's been discussed on this board ad nauseum how that is far from the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that.

[ QUOTE ]
Not even to mention the rest of your points being baseless rubbish and not based on facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is your excuse for missing the mark and failing to address those points? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Very illogical.

No click clack. Asterisks don't make any sound.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said:

[ QUOTE ]

(4) Bonds testified to using these substances too. The fact that Sheffield and Bonds claimed to not know what was in them does not change the fact that they were steroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is untrue, Bonds never testified to using substances that have been shown to be steroids.

He did testify to taing what he believed to be flaxseed oil and arthritic balm....and while you may believe them to be steroids....that does not suddenly make it fact, nor does it make it fact that he took the substances YOU think he took.

[ QUOTE ]

And that is your excuse for missing the mark and failing to address those points? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...I addressed them, my apologies if it wasn't to your satisfaction. To go over it again:

#1. Kim Bell is considered less than credible, by all parties involved, including the prosecution, as she has changed her story on occasion, and her lack of credibility is the main reason the prosecution is relying on Greg's testimony, as Bell didn't testify in court as to what she had told differently to the media.

Of course, those details don't phase you in asserting differently regarding her testimony...but I wouldn't expect them too....you can just sit back and choose what you want to believe to support your preconception.

#2. You pointed out yourself that Conte did not testify that Bonds took steroids. This is what I had previously said. Not much to talk about on this point. Conte never testified that Bonds took steroids...period.

#3. You claim that Sheff testified and admitted that he took 'the cream' and 'the clear', and that they were steroids. This is untrue. I don't know what else can be said here other than you're asserting something that isn't true. If you still disagree, feel free to cite a credible source to support this allegation.

Hope that helps, lemme know if I missed anything.

Until then, Have a nice day. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]