Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Timex\'s Well

If you could pick one person to stake, who would it be (i.e. pretend the person lost all their monies for some non-poker reason - who do you think can make you the most $)
Old 09-11-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a math major, but haven't selected what within math since I want to keep my options open.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a math major too.

What classes have you taken? Which did you like/dislike?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Who are the top 10 people you've staked?

What do you define as top 10, and what do you define as "staked"? I've had %'s of some exceptional people for tournaments, but haven't necessarily had a long term deal with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mainly was trying to get a gauge for some players you think are good.

Consider someone staked if you had a multi-tourney deal with them at any time.

[ QUOTE ]

Should I have folded my top two pair to the river cr hu?

Meh, its very close, but you can't argue with results, so in retrospect yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, honestly I didn't even consider folding an option there until a week later. At the time I was just was like"Sigh this sucks. ok if I lose it's a huge cooler. I call"

BTW i dunno if I ever told you this, but it was gonna be my last tourney of the deal for you. I also tried to get someone else to buy the tourney from me fairly early on just because I was so [censored] tired.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:35 PM

When doing intervierws like the bustout one in the ME or even more high profile ones that will come along as you travel the circuit, will you be candid about underage play or will you try and avoid it b/c it might hurt your image or that of online poker?

As per your location, are you seeking out site sponsorship? Have any sites expressed interest?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:40 PM

honestly... am i the worst player u have ever backed (ignore results, cause somehow im up $)
Old 09-11-2007, 10:44 PM

Do you still find yourself thinking, "I wanna be just like Ogre" or have those days long since passed? Because I'm pretty sure the roles are reversed now.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:54 PM

Did you take ACT/SAT tests before college? If so, what scores did you have?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:55 PM

What is the biggest amount any one horse owes you in makeup?

Bump the bond well, schaefer could be getting close, maybe like 90 and 60 respectively?

how much did you earn on staking in 2006/2007 so far?

I think like 800ish

So, like, you won one sng?
I win almost 1/9 SNGs I play

Definitly have to ask for a poker story.
Might do this at some point, but not now

When, why, and how did you get started playing online?
I used to play chess competitively and my coach would often talk about how I should consider getting into poker. I found a site where I could get a free poker chipset(pokersourceonline) and decided I'd put $100 on, and play 250 hands of low-limit(err, he'd play, I'd watch) since my EV is probably to lose less than if I just bought a chipset. He won like $60 playing .5/1 LHE in a few table hours and I figured I should learn this game, I bough SSHE and WLLHE with the money he won and gave him the rest. He is now kicking himself for not taking up my offer to give him 20% of what I win in exchange for more coaching.

Also, you mentioned you won a seat in a 1M winner take all sng?
Ya, it was some dumb underpublicitized promo that dise ran which literally lost them probably like 900k overall.

How did you decide you wanted to start shorting the games on FTP and why did you stop?
We saw noataima sitting, so we sat, then realized people don't actually know how to play well against short stacks. We stopped playing because benyamine stopped playing, which in turn meant that games stopped running.

how are your parents about everything? really proud? awkward?
My dad is really proud, my mom loves the pros and hates the cons. She tells everyone I play poker, but doesn't want me telling people I play poker...

do you feel like you have a weird child/parent relationship now because of your early success?
I think my relationship with my parents has always been different than a lot of people, my parents have never really treated me like a child, they've more or less just suggested what to and to not do, and then let me make my own decisions for a long time.

are they worried that you'll just play poker forever, or do they know thats not the case, or do they not care if thats the case?

Not sure, it varies quite a bit. People who they know in academia etc wonder why I am wasting my time with poker, people who they know in business wonder why I am wasting my time with school.

best moment in poker for you so far?
When ari agreed to chop with me HU in the paradise 109r. It was one of my first 109rs, and I got HU with one of the best tourney players online(at the time) and he agreed to even chop when I had like 51% of the chips. Obviously in retrospect when everyones like 10 tabling on a Sunday, this means nothing, but it felt pretty sick to know that one of the top players felt highly enough of my game, and then I began to realize that very few people are levels ahead of me.

what kinda cool things have you bought?

Bought a pretty sick town house, and interior designers are buying [censored] for it while I'm here in London. I don't have a car, I've got a Tag Heuer watch, I bought an Armani suit and sport coat as well as shoes/ shirts etc. , I considered buying an old school house as an investment, but others were interested, and I didn't want to get into a bidding war.

how jealous am i of you that you dont have to pay taxes on winnings?

This jealous *holds hands as far apart as I can*

do you understand yet how this new tourney law re: taxes will affect your backing people to play in the US? if so, how?
haven't looked into it, will once I get back

do you consider yourself nitty with your money, or are you generally a free spender, because [censored] it, whats 20/100/200 dollars?

I'm generally pretty nitty, not like I used to be, but I still hate paying more for things than I should.

coke or pepsi?

I used to be all about pepsi, but now I definitely prefer coke except for that weird feeling you get on your teeth when you drink it(my enamel is bad, so maybe no one else has this).

blondes or brunettes?
I go to University of Waterloo, I don't think you realize what girls look like here, but brunettes.

Does it ever feel really surreal/weird having your kind of wealth at your age?
Occasionally when I talk to people about money related issues. Not so much because I act like money ain't no thang, but because some people I know make unneccessary purchases I could never make and yet skimp on necessities, iono, I guess I'd be the same whether I had money or not.

Does it ever make things highly awkward around the rest of your guys your age (college students) who are likely broke or are most of the people you spend time with poker players anyway?
Lots of the guys I hang out with are poker players, or have become poker players from knowing me, and the ones who don't play poker are usually still ok with it. Things are awkward sometimes when random girls find out I have money, because either they express interest in my money, which is not good, or they care about their own reputation and don't want to be known for dating "that rich guy". Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

After playing live poker first hand and realizing how sick soft it is, do you intend to expand your backing operations?

Possibly, haven't really considered it.

Who is the best player to come out of Waterloo?

Stevejpa, but I think 5 years from now it will be me or watts, probably watts.

If you could back 3 and only 3 players in the WSOP ME from 2p2, who would they be (without make up factoring in?)

Alex Jacob, MLG, Strassa

Do you ever consider breaking off backing me due to my lack of results?

The deeper you get in makeup, the better the deal becomes for me, since if you get inf. deep in makeup, you never see any of the profit you make, so it is getting constantly beter for me. But yes, every day.

Who is the best MTT player online?
I hate this question, because to play MTTs well, you need to do so much stupid stuff, and most good MTT players can make more money in other games. I guess I'll just say zang, I've thought he was v. v. good since before he was ranked.

Why do you make so many FT's but then have things go so wrong?

Regression to the norm, power SNG drained a lifetime worth of dueness

Your coming to Aussie Millions right?

Obv
Old 09-11-2007, 11:14 PM

you should use the "quote function" fwiw. makes these much easier to read

Probably

mike [censored] mcdonald

OR

mike mc-[censored]-donald?

Anything but mike mc-[censored]-dee is fine.

If you could pick one person to stake, who would it be (i.e. pretend the person lost all their monies for some non-poker reason - who do you think can make you the most $)

Aba?

What classes have you taken? Which did you like/dislike?

Advanced calc 1 and Advanced algebra 1, Calc 2, Lin Alg 2, Stats, C&0. All have had pros and cons, all have been decent but I haven't been crazy about any of them, which is why I'm not too sure what I should end up doing.

Mainly was trying to get a gauge for some players you think are good.

Consider someone staked if you had a multi-tourney deal with them at any time.

Its tough to say exactly, but I think you are v. v. good if thats the answer you were looking for.

When doing intervierws like the bustout one in the ME or even more high profile ones that will come along as you travel the circuit, will you be candid about underage play or will you try and avoid it b/c it might hurt your image or that of online poker?

I think for interviews within poker, I'll be fine about it, if I get in a less supportive interivew(ie. with non-poker media), I'll try to keep away from it

As per your location, are you seeking out site sponsorship?
I probably should, but I think at the moment theres no reason for a site to pick me up(maybe paradise would if they had pros)

Have any sites expressed interest

Haven't asked, after talking to Mark Vos, I would really like being a FTP pro because of the perks they get.

honestly... am i the worst player u have ever backed (ignore results, cause somehow im up $)

It took me a while to think about this one, but no, you aren't the worst.

Do you still find yourself thinking, "I wanna be just like Ogre" or have those days long since passed? Because I'm pretty sure the roles are reversed now.

This is much less frequent than it was when I first met got to know you. But it happened tonight, I was talking to Will Durkee(he won the 2k NLHE event this year at the WSOP), and he was talking about all the young players, and asked me about good 18 year old players, so I started talking about this guy whose FTed every live tournament hes played and won the stuper more times than I've played it.

Did you take ACT/SAT tests before college? If so, what scores did you have?

Waterloo is a pretty decent university, and after talking to Will whose smarter than me and much more driven, I realized that I won't be going to MIT or anything else worth leaving Waterloo for, so I didn't take them.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:21 PM

Why 'timex'?

Do you play BJ? Estimated wins/losses? (B/c of your Stars ID)

How many ppl you backing for WCOOP?

Story behind the avatar?