Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 07:42 PM

Default I can finally gamble

Had my 18th bday, got owned by Jamie Gold, went to a gay bar with Mark Vos, heres my post about WSOPe, crossposted from MTTC

Live poker is AWESOME, people are so bad, and I feel I pick up so much that I can use for the future. My table had Roland De Wolfe in seat 3, BrynKenny in seat 4(he folded AK to me, but it wasn't on the bubble), and Howard Lederer in seat 8, I was seat 9.

I was at like 29 at blinds 100/200 when this happened. I'm SB, BB sucks, UTG sucks too, and they are carbon copies of each other, so along with the empty seat, I have 6 to worry about rather than 8. UTG+3 limps, someone else limps, I call with 42o in the SB, which may be marginal, and I fold it, but call with 43o or 53o in an online tourney, but against this field, I think its fine.

Flop: A53cc, I check because people like bet-calling top pair. UTG bets 600, UTG+3 calls(he is tilty/bad/calls barrels with AK on QJ9xx board), I squeeze to 2600, UTG folds, UTG+3 makes it 8600. I don't fold this ever, but I was kind of disappointed with myself on this hand, because I normally (over)think every decision to try to get as good of an idea of peoples range as possible. Here I more or less fistpumped while shouting nuts gogogo, rather than thinking about what he could have, the fact I'm behind 6c4c etc. I obv. played it fine, but I play poker to be the best I can be, not to flop the nuts and bust euroclowns. Anyways, he has 42cc and ships the straight flush on the river, meh.

Now I win some pots, lose some pots, get "owned" by Howard Lederer(by owned, I mean, he opened HJ-1 to 600, I repopped to 2k in the HJ with 87o because thats what the cool kids are doing these days, he calls pretty quickly, and I think he often has like AK or something like that given the speed of his call, maybe hes a set mining clown, iono. Flop: KK4, he checks, I bet 2500, he calls, I have like 16k back. Turn: 5, I plan to check behind, because hes always checkraising AK, now he bets 6k. I think for a while just because I don't know whether he'll fold like 99 to a shove given my image. I think he bluffs here a lot(I don't mean theres lots of hands he bluffs, I just mean his hand and bet sizing doesn't really make sense for any real hands), I end up folding, and he tables AQ, nh.)

I'm down to like 17 when I get moved to the feature table, fun.

The table looks pretty sick, seat 1 is jamie gold, seat 4 is like 70 years old, and overall, no one seems overly scary. I chat a fair bit with seat 8(I'm seat 7) which is kind of nice to help me get relaxed since my last table was quiet on my side. I later found out hes Kenny Tran who I should apparently know of, but he seemed competent(seat 4 was very impressed when he folded to his top set, I guess hes the live equivalent of p5s).

Anyways, I cardrack this table, I get AK on like the 4th hand here, 3bet someone, they fold, now like the ~12th hand, Jamie limps UTG CO who I knew nothing about but seemed to friendly to have bought in directly limps, I raise JJ on the button to 1k, blinds fold. I'm like 18k deep, Jamie asks "are you button or SB" I tell him button and he raises to 3k. Maybe he is that bad, or maybe he is giving off reverse tells, iono, I just know that I'm never putting him on a tight range because hes a clown. CO folds, I call largely to induce him to do something dumb, I probably fold lots of Axx flops, but I think I stack off most flops.

Flop: T74dd, he checks. I hate being exploitable when I play, and often do unnecessary things for balance, but here I said [censored] that [censored] and bet only 2.5 at 6.7k because he will probably shove like AQ, maybe even like AJ if I'm lucky. He shoves, I ask him for his online name(largely to see if I've played with him in my shortstacking days, but also to know if he reads like 2+2 and may have some idea that 98 is better than AK here). Anyways, I call, hes like "nice call" flips up the 33(no d IIRC), I'm laughing looking at Watts and ch0ppy because he really is that bad, and by the time I look back, I'm drawing to 2 outs and soon out of the tourney. He doesn't shake my hand and tells the table "thats what you get for playing with jacks", meh.

Anyways, I go do some interviews, which despite being awful at interviews, were pretty decent, then go to supper with Watts, ch0ppy, mark vos, and 2 of his friends. Mark then takes us to a gay bar, and encourages us to order drinks with him, we ended up going to a (straight) club, and now I'm back here.

Happy 18th Timex

[x] Teh Gay
[x] lol donkaments
[x] lol jamiegoldaments
Old 09-11-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: I can finally gamble

wait, you're 18?

what?
Old 09-11-2007, 07:45 PM

Jaime's new thing is giving off reverse tells.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:48 PM

Happy BDay dude. GL @ owning live donkaments!
Old 09-11-2007, 07:53 PM

Wait, you were shorting 200/400 NL and made 250k when you were 17 [censored] years old? I think it was 250k if I am remembering correctly from the graph you posted. Wow, how long have you been playing online? Thats a sick amount of money to make at that age, congrats
Old 09-11-2007, 08:00 PM

Have been playing almost 3 years, will be playing like ~7 10ks withing the next 4 months, so if my tables are anything like they were today, things could be good.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have been playing almost 3 years, will be playing like ~7 10ks withing the next 4 months, so if my tables are anything like they were today, things could be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

<333
Old 09-11-2007, 08:07 PM

did you extend your hand to shake his or what?
Old 09-11-2007, 08:10 PM

nice post, but who are you? (not being rude. genuinely intrigued)

also link to short-stacking graph much appreciated.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did you extend your hand to shake his or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't that dramatic, but the people who interviewed me seem to make a big deal about things like this, to be honest, I didn't even know he was supposed to shake my hand since I'm a huge live fish(it could be coincidence, but Howard Lederer once called one of my bets within like 0.5seconds of me swallowing(I was thirsty etc., I'm not really attached to poker hands or anything)).