Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Top 2 - WTF?

I got a bit lost here - i felt like I must have been beat but couldnt figure out how?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($142.96)
UTG ($45.31)
MP ($68.84)
CO ($49.25)
Button ($51.29)
Hero ($81.88)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: ($1.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP bets $2, hero calls $2

Turn: ($5.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2
players)</font>
Hero bets $5, MP raises $61.34 and is all in, Hero ?

MP and I have only played 1 pot up to that point where I misclicked called a $7 bet, into a $5 pot on the river with AK high and won if that makes a difference to our action?

Also is anyone having problems with FTR converter - I had to maanually edit most of this so all the action didnt appear to happen preflop?
Old 08-15-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Top 2 - WTF?

Flop top two? I check/call sir! Take THAT!!!!1!!
Old 08-15-2007, 05:21 PM

Either lead or c/r flop and your decision gets a lot easier.
As played, I probably fold.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:23 PM

Sorry I left out something pretty important - BB had been check raising every other flop regardless of number of callers and I was hoping to push over his cr - what do we do now weve whiffed that?
Old 08-15-2007, 05:24 PM

Raise that bad boy preflop. Bet the flop, man. And that's a nasty turn raise, but I think you'll see worse two-pair often enough to call here. Yes, yes I do.

Dumle
Old 08-15-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I left out something pretty important - BB had been check raising every other flop regardless of number of callers and I was hoping to push over his cr - what do we do now weve whiffed that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise it anyway. In this situation its more important to build the pot than hoping that BB comes along for the ride.

Dumle
Old 08-15-2007, 05:28 PM

Thing is that is not just a gutbuster, it is a double gutbuster for T9. Which is a likely holding here. Am I going broke in a pot I have only invested $2.50 in? Not likely. You misplayed the flop pretty badly and are reaping what you show. Throw them away and either bet/3bet the flop or check raise it big. At the moment your hand is way way way under-represented.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:29 PM

note that he slightly overbet the pot on the flop, c/r all day here.

i would have led out but thats fine.

fold as played.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:30 PM

yeah in retrospect leading flop, probably makes the whole hand a lot easier. On the turn what does our hand look like to villain - i thought I looked super strong and almost fell out of my chair when he pushed - what are we putting villain on now?
Old 08-15-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah in retrospect leading flop, probably makes the whole hand a lot easier. On the turn what does our hand look like to villain - i thought I looked super strong and almost fell out of my chair when he pushed - what are we putting villain on now?

[/ QUOTE ]

AK, AA, KK, KJ, K8, K7, J8, J7, 88, 77, JJ...and once in a blue moon nothing. Some of these are more likely, some less. I am still calling this, but maybe I just don't give these guys enough credit. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Dumle