Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 01:51 AM

Default I is a station

Villain is Bouge_Todd who is a tight reg but def capable of making moves. We have alot of history, most of it which involves me making some dumb FPS play and getting caught. Yesterday I made a good calldown vs him in a 3bet pot and caught him bluffing for a buyin.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

UTG ($530.15)
MP ($546.40)
CO ($522.55)
Button ($76.50)
Hero ($421.50)
BB ($400)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $20</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $18, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds.

Flop: ($48) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $34</font>, Hero calls $34.

Turn: ($116) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $74</font>, Hero calls $74.

River: ($264) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $394.55 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $293.50 (All-In).

He's repping a narrow range here, and my hand looks like a draw. Standard?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: I is a station

I actually think the turn is more interesting then the river looking back at it.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think the turn is more interesting then the river looking back at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't. but the card is good in a way. it opens up some more hands you can have that will call with (JT, T9), and he expects you to fold most draws. so i expect him to bet most of his hands which will narrow your range down significantly. some 2nd barrels imply a 3rd barrel is coming, but in this situation, he might just be firing 1 barrel to make you fold a draw. so i think you can fold the river. a lot of people aren't going to bluff off their stack when every draw missed. this especially holds true in this hand since there's no "i have a draw and you have a draw and the first to bet wins" dynamic going on. your range is mostly KQ, KJ, JT, T9, tricky boat. i don't think he's bluffing you much, and if he does, he'll lose his money back to the majority of tags who can't fold a K here
Old 08-11-2007, 02:10 AM

You should fold the river but yes the turn is interesting. I'd consider reraise the turn and either win it right there or on river when he checks. Fold to reraise/shove or call/shove.. saves you $$$
Old 08-11-2007, 02:57 AM

would rather not just c/c on this particular K high flop, mainly because theres afinity cards that mess things up, even including your kicker if paired.

turn is fine

generally, fold river if you've called him light recently. However, this isnt the kind of spot where he should expect your range to include many light-calling hands. the thing is, you can't really have anything bigger than what you do have, and most of your perceived range is much weaker. so, really, his over-pot shove here seems pretty weak to me, even with the history you have. of course he'll be shoving his AA and his Tx on you too, cause why not, but i think his whole range could be making this shove if he can read hands and he's aggressive (both of which i assume are true). so i dont mind the call if he's in full aggromode
Old 08-11-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
would rather not just c/c on this particular K high flop, mainly because theres afinity cards that mess things up, even including your kicker if paired.

turn is fine

generally, fold river if you've called him light recently. However, this isnt the kind of spot where he should expect your range to include many light-calling hands. the thing is, you can't really have anything bigger than what you do have, and most of your perceived range is much weaker. so, really, his over-pot shove here seems pretty weak to me, even with the history you have. of course he'll be shoving his AA and his Tx on you too, cause why not, but i think his whole range could be making this shove if he can read hands and he's aggressive (both of which i assume are true). so i dont mind the call if he's in full aggromode

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with most of what you wrote and am pretty torn, but regarding the overbet shove on the river, for a lot of players that's the only bet size remaining. it's not much more than a psb, and any smaller amount basically commits him to a shove. so i don't read too much into the fact that he shoved instead of betting smaller.