Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: pretty gross AA decision vs tough lag

then shove over any turn bet in that case. i dont know if that's what u did but that's what u should do.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:57 AM

one more thing is SB is not fish but just reg or something, i check this flop back with this type of player this deep who's liable to c/r a ton of [censored] a fair amount of the time. with fish in tho you lose too much value i guess
Old 11-26-2007, 03:03 AM

yeah i shoved, he had 85. anyway if he WAS full of [censored], im fairly certain he would fire turn anyway. and thats like hundreds and hundreds of dollars we are missing out on by threebetting flop. like i guess that if u had some weird fetish that u just HAD to re-rebluff dudes on suspicious boards, u could re-raise with AA here to balance but i think doing that constantly is pretty awful. so i like the floating more.

god im tired.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:05 AM

if my rhetorics are a bit fuzzy, its because i just played 13k hands with no rest in between. i cant think straight.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:06 AM

btw im not arguing that its an easy stack-off, it was just a checkup. 3bet vs float is what interests me now.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i shoved, he had 85. anyway if he WAS full of [censored], im fairly certain he would fire turn anyway. and thats like hundreds and hundreds of dollars we are missing out on by threebetting flop. like i guess that if u had some weird fetish that u just HAD to re-rebluff dudes on suspicious boards, u could re-raise with AA here to balance but i think doing that constantly is pretty awful. so i like the floating more.

god im tired.

[/ QUOTE ]

instead of hoping to get his $300 turn cont bet and trying to decide which turns and rivers hit his range, we can get $1100+ in with dominated hands and draws that have alot less equity than they might think (like KJcc)

we have the nuts on this board and im trying to get it in asap
Old 11-26-2007, 03:19 AM

u make it sound like the one half of a buyin is unimportant. it's HALF A BUYIN. and if we have the nuts on this board, there shouldnt really be that many turn cards dangerous enough to change our opinion of our hand that much imo.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

god im tired.

[/ QUOTE ]

you werent drawing dead what more could you want
Old 11-26-2007, 03:34 AM

i agree with fsu.

on a slightly related note: fsu, what do you think of this theory i have that people who have played a lot of hands on UB are far better poker players than people who haven't
Old 11-26-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you think of this theory i have that people who have played a lot of hands on UB are far better poker players than people who haven't

[/ QUOTE ]

this is def true but not just ub, for all sites. ppl who only play a certain site are significantly worse in my experience because they haven't learned how to beat a whole bunch of different types of players, and that learning experience is key to getting really good at poker. the opposition at ub for example is just completely different from stars. even ftp is pretty different from stars. when the stars guys come to ftp or the ftp guys go to stars they usually get brutalized for a bit before they adjust.