Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Re: FGators: The Final Chapter [1.4m hands EV graph]

meta game
Old 10-15-2007, 10:34 AM

Fgators,

I know this has been covered but how old are you and what is your level of education? I think you are like 18? In college? If so studying what? Even if you are not, you should have learned about the scientific method by now, can you pleases describe it to me in your own words? Just curious.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody understands what I'm folding.

Does 99 look good on a Ad Kd 9h flop?

Uh yeah.

How does it look on a Ad Kd 9h Jd turn?

Not bad, but I'm not in love with it.

How does it look on a Ad Kh 9h Jd 7d board against a guy leading for 2/3rds pot?

Looks like a fold.

Welcome to my world.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I'm just saying that in the last year CONSISTENTLY I get flat out great flops, bad turns, and miserable rivers where by the river I cannot think of a hand that I can beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

First - how did you have chips left back so the river even has meaningful value.

Second - a 2/3 pot bet is pretty much an intant call in a vacuum.

Third - what the hell do you think you are beaten by? What calls a pot size bet on the flop which is now ahead? QhTh and perhaps Kd9d. Youre absolutely miles ahead most of the time here - sure a lot of hands *could* beat you, but they wont have most of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a pretty tight guy (loose passive) is randomly leading OOP into a four diamond one card straight board (or two card straight) with just a pair at $1/2 after I bet the flop and the turn?

Hey, if he's bluffing me like that after I showed aggression preflop, flop, and turn then hey yeah I suck but something tells me I just don't believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ad Kh 9h Jd 7d board

There is a backdoor flush and random straight that came and a gutshot completed on the turn.

This hand you set out is not what you later describe. Because even you now realise the hyperthetical you origionally set out is retarded beyond belief.

I say again, if you bet pot on the flop as you should, the only hands beating you are QhTh and Kd9d, though i expect Kd9d to show strength on the flop. There is a chance of 8hTh too i suppose.

That is 3 SPECIFIC hands, suits and all, that you should be worried about from a "pretty tight guy". I havent done the math, but im pretty sure he has AK more often than those 3 specific hands, and if you include A9s and AJ floating the flop to judge your turn play when you probably backed off the hand you are MILES ahead of the hand range of a villain here.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so you call with ace high.. and fold sets.. I'm seeing why u might be down a bit

[/ QUOTE ]

Good that its way more intricate and complicated than that but you try to make it look simple in order for me to look like a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need no help in looking like a moron.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fgators,

I know this has been covered but how old are you and what is your level of education? I think you are like 18? In college? If so studying what? Even if you are not, you should have learned about the scientific method by now, can you pleases describe it to me in your own words? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be my last post on FGators. Banging my head against the proverbial wall.

But in some thread, be it this one or another recent FG graph thread i quoted the scientific method - including a brief (rambled and slightly drunk) analysis of the situation.

Search my username and the term "+scientific" if its interesting Gators. I doubt you will, i doubt you even know what the Scientific Method and Occams Razor actually mean, but i live in hope that some day you will make a BBV thread titled "here it is guys" and you say how you converted to bhuddism, found yourself, realised your flaws in poker and either gave up the game or just totally improved it after moving on to a different format (SnGs, full ring, HU yada yada) or a new site for a new start.

But i suspect you will always be playing a game that is "rigged against you", where 22 beats AK and the backdoor flush always completes forcing you to fold your set to the 2/3 pot bet.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I run bad, I'm the unluckiest player in the history of online poker, I knew this last Friday, the Friday before that, and the Friday before that. Some graph isn't going to move the rotation of the Earth or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Just do the PokerEV thing its the only thing that matters to me and should be the evidence behind all of this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody understands what I'm folding.

Does 99 look good on a Ad Kd 9h flop?

Uh yeah.

How does it look on a Ad Kd 9h Jd turn?

Not bad, but I'm not in love with it.

How does it look on a Ad Kh 9h Jd 7d board against a guy leading for 2/3rds pot?

Looks like a fold.

Welcome to my world.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I'm just saying that in the last year CONSISTENTLY I get flat out great flops, bad turns, and miserable rivers where by the river I cannot think of a hand that I can beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

First - how did you have chips left back so the river even has meaningful value.

Second - a 2/3 pot bet is pretty much an intant call in a vacuum.

Third - what the hell do you think you are beaten by? What calls a pot size bet on the flop which is now ahead? QhTh and perhaps Kd9d. Youre absolutely miles ahead most of the time here - sure a lot of hands *could* beat you, but they wont have most of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a pretty tight guy (loose passive) is randomly leading OOP into a four diamond one card straight board (or two card straight) with just a pair at $1/2 after I bet the flop and the turn?

Hey, if he's bluffing me like that after I showed aggression preflop, flop, and turn then hey yeah I suck but something tells me I just don't believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ad Kh 9h Jd 7d board

There is a backdoor flush and random straight that came and a gutshot completed on the turn.

This hand you set out is not what you later describe. Because even you now realise the hyperthetical you origionally set out is retarded beyond belief.

I say again, if you bet pot on the flop as you should, the only hands beating you are QhTh and Kd9d, though i expect Kd9d to show strength on the flop. There is a chance of 8hTh too i suppose.

That is 3 SPECIFIC hands, suits and all, that you should be worried about from a "pretty tight guy". I havent done the math, but im pretty sure he has AK more often than those 3 specific hands, and if you include A9s and AJ floating the flop to judge your turn play when you probably backed off the hand you are MILES ahead of the hand range of a villain here.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 2 diamonds on the flop, 3 on the turn, and 4 on the river and the guy is now leading out for 2/3rds pot...give me a hand that we can beat...we lose to any diamond, higher sets (not really likely) or the straight..I don't see how $1/2 players can honestly turn a hand like top pair into a bluff here...and if they do then yeah I suck.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:52 AM

phil,

What the hell does the scientific method have to do with the board going to absolute [censored] when I have a set?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:52 AM

Fgators are you really gonna quit?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fgators are you really gonna quit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm re-evaluating in like three weeks and will be having a State of the Union address at that time.