Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Not Sure Why Villain Went to The River - Your Thoughts?

I am new to table. I bought in shortish (13 big bets). I have played tight and this is only first or second time I see fourth outside of bring-in. No relevant reads. I am actually focused on another game at another site.

Not sure why converter shows two bring-ins. 4d bring-in, I call the completion/raise.
7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street

seat 0: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
seat 2: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings in___folds
seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings in___calls

4th Street

seat 0: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street

seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street

seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___re-raises___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___re-raises

River

seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets___re-raises___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___re-raises
Old 03-07-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Not Sure Why Villain Went to The River - Your Thoughts?

Why only 13 BB?

I would probably just call on fourth. You don't mind keeping the other guy around. On the other hand, you do increase your chance of winning by pairing if you knock him out, so the raise is OK.

I would raise fifth. You've picked up some more outs. You can check behind if you miss on sixth. Figure that two bets are going in on fifth and sixth anyway. By raising fifth, you can get in a third bet on sixth when you hit and get the same money in when you don't.

On sixth, you have a board lock, so naturally you want to get as much money in there as possible. It's certainly possible that the other guy filled on the river, but if he's goofy enough to jam against an obvious flush with trips on sixth, he's probably goofy enough to do so on the river. I think capping is fine.

Do you have the most current version of the converter?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Not Sure Why Villain Went to The River - Your Thoughts?

13 BB because I was too lazy/dumb to bring more money in from Neteller.

Thanks for insight on my play.

I'll update my converter. Thanks.

David