Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: .10/.25...I cant get my head around TT

You should definitely play TT aggressively pre-flop.

Hand 1 - Check the flop. You can always check-raise if he makes a weak c-bet.

Hand 2 - You have $14 left, a $20 pot, and a nice turn scare card. Arrrrrrrrr-in!
Old 10-26-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

NIT, you fold TT here?
Who thinks we should fold this strong hand preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do

[/ QUOTE ]

without a read that the 3 bettor is a NIT and 100BB stacks you guys fold this pre?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying I'm right about folding pre in hand 1, but here's how I look at it:
We raised UTG, we are very unlikely to have trash here. CO repops us. He is unknown, so until I know any better I'll assume he is more likely to have a strong hand (TT+, AK/AQ) than a weak one (33, 76s). If I call the 3-bet the majority of the time at least one overcard will fall. How do you play the hand now? Check call one street and hope villain gives up? Maybe villain will double barrel a whiffed AK/AQ and get us off the best hand. Or he'll catch one of his overs.

What about a low rag flop? Do we donk and fold to a raise? Again we don't know if he'll push AK over a raise and force us off the best hand. If we CRAI we usually will be crushed by JJ+ when called.

Basically, against an unknown, we are only truly happy when we flop a set, and we don't have the implied odds to call pre for set value.
If we had opened in CO, and button had repopped us, or we are in postion, it's a different story,

Finally, this is 25NL, and I just didn't see much light 3betting at this limit. I'm happy folding this pre. Villain can take the 4BB. If it turns out he is very loose, I'll find out soon enough and can adjust accordingly.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 - You have $14 left, a $20 pot, and a nice turn scare card. Arrrrrrrrr-in!

[/ QUOTE ]

3-betting the flop put you into an awkward spot. Shoving may be the correct play now but it seems really marginal: Reads would *really* help. Readless, an 8 is in villain's range along with a lot of smaller pairs but so are 5s and the occasional better pair. You're not folding out better and you're getting called with worse maybe 50% of the time, so shoving's probably the best play with all that dead money. FWIW, villain's not going to be particularly scared of the K as there's no way you have AK after that action.

Anyways, to make life easier I call the flop minraise and reevaluate the turn. There are virtually no draws out there and you're WA/WB. Try and keep the pot medium to small and take it to showdown.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:32 PM

i fold hand 1 pf
call raise hand 2 and see turn.Dont reraise flop,ur have no position.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:56 PM

Thanks for th input. The first hand I folded to the reraise.

I think the way I played the second hand had somehting to do with me being annoyed by TT in the earlier hand so maybe a little bit of tilt. I usually dont 3-bet there, but given how I played it, I ended up pushing on the K turn and getting called by JJ. I guess I tried to make a play to get back the money that I was already throwing away on this hand(not a good idea).