Old 08-13-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Guitar Heroes - GAME THREAD

Im not prepared to call Tokyo a villager yet
Old 08-13-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you're not prepared to pretend to think he is a villager yet when in actuallity you already KNOW he is a villager since you are a wolf.

Has anyone ever done a study on the history of the 'yet' posts. I mean most villagers have a read one way or the other and state it, knowing that they COULD be wrong. When people always say they suspect someone is a villager but wont say so for sure until late that is always suspicous to me. OBviously you are NOT SURE!, or are you?
Old 08-13-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dustin,

Did you not read my long post at all? Why are you not talking to me like you did in AS16(17?)? Do you admit that to me, assuming I'm a villager, I have reason to suspect you today?
Old 08-13-2007, 04:10 PM

Anyway, all 5 wolves....

Nich, FBCL, Dustin, Spook, JaredL

....ship it....
Old 08-13-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Scott

Why would he "wait for more posts" to put me on his wolf list? He's been piling people on his list left and right, and I make a post he finds "kinda bad," and he doesn't mention me at all? That's not the way villager Scott plays d1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shorty or somebody said something about Scott when I first started playing that I would been wise to taken into account last game- which is that Scott's villager game is so ridiculous that he has a hard time getting right as a wolf.

I think we're seeing that ridiculousness today.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not quite sure if I'm seeing the connection. I agree that he is playing ridiculously, like his village game, but I think the fact that he didn't add mention me at all, even though he found something wolfy, is a sign of him trying to emulate the ridiculousness but slipping up.
I.E. He is having a hard time getting it right, so he is a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

GT1T,

I think this is villagery from Smell. Also, while it may be self-centered, I found him wondering why I hadn't cleared him yet to be villagery also. There is other villagery stuff too.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:12 PM

[censored], whenever bob calls me a villager and is on my side hes a wolf. adfijaidfgjadiuf

and hes so calm for bobo..gadfgadf

nichp IM WATCHING YOU JARRRRRODDDDDDDDD
Old 08-13-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

this is exactly true, bobo (and tokyo) claimed wolf wtf am i supposed to do? does a villager seriously do that ever and why would they?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get why anyone would ever claim wolf. It's confusing but I'm not sure it's wolfy.

[/ QUOTE ]

its a joke you [censored] morans. bob said in his POSTS that he cut/pasted from sumzero's old posts osfmodifjaoidfg

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was a joke and I don't understand why everyone reacted so angrily against it. I didn't think it meant much at all and thought spaca voting for bobo there was off and suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

OldTimey

There is tons of history when it comes to the wolf role claim, it's silly and IMO I agree with you that it's a joke and shouldn't be frowned upon so much

But it does push some players buttons for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. I can see how it would piss people off id they've been burned by it before.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dustin,

Did you not read my long post at all? Why are you not talking to me like you did in AS16(17?)? Do you admit that to me, assuming I'm a villager, I have reason to suspect you today?

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked your post and I think you're a villager and you do have reason to suspect me.

I dont think your post addressed Tokyo though- whos reaction I think to all this today is a little over-the-top.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:16 PM

ldo
Old 08-13-2007, 04:17 PM

Okay, I'll play.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I thought a few of his posts earlier on were wolfy/forced. Plus he had Scott on his villager list and Neil on his wolf list, both of which I disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enter thesmell's reason for voting me. My posts sound forced? I was talking to Dustin. Of course, my argument is going to be a little lacking when there isnt much to go on. I grabbed on to something and I went with it early.

[/ QUOTE ]

There isn't really much of an argument here, because the same can be said of me going after you. I'll reiterate that it wasn't just the wolfiness of your posts, but also the fact that you had Neil/Dustin on your wolf list, with Scott (who I felt was wolfy at the the time) on your villager list.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Luckay-Clown bickering seems most likely to me to be V/V, each frustrated at the other. However, I know that both are skilled at faking these interactions as wolves so I'm not ruling out W/V or W/W.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to be V/V but might be W/V or WW. Ok so basically you're saying they could be any roles which makes this fluff and wishy-washy on top of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying I think that V/V is most likely (still believe that), but I'm not going to be locked in with blinders if one comes up village.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Enough people that I think are villagers are reading Supine as villager, so I'm content to put him on my villager list, though I don't claim to be able to read him myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor logic. Just because people you consider a villager think others are a villager is absolutely no reason for you to think their a villager. At bare minimum, more fluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a fine reason to consider him a villager. I know that I can't read Supine. I have a strong read for Nez as a villager. Nez has a strong read for Supine as villager. I trust Nez's read and consider Supine a villager.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Dustin should have cleared me by now - as a wolf or a villager, so I'm not really sure what to take from that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mentions Dustin who he seems to be buddying up to. More indecisiveness on his "list." Again there's no point in really saying things like this at all. Furthermore, this statement doesn't follow any real chain of thought. TheSmell was obviously very observant or the interaction between Dustin and me. Any villager, especially TheSmell, who has been putting villagers on this list for very loose reasons, should be strongly leaning villager on Dustin at this point due to the fact that he thinks I'm a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

I interact with Dustin a lot. In pretty much all of my games. Regardless of my role. He's one of a few people that has taken the time to respond to my thoughts for the few months that I've started playing, so I tend to naturally always bounce thoughts off of him. I did think that he was a villager, but thought that it was weird that he hadn't said anything about my role at yet, and didn't want to say what I thought about him before I gave him a chance to comment on me.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
GT1T is still a solid vote, as are are Scott, Eskimo?? and FCBL??

[/ QUOTE ]

Here the Smell mentions good votes as players who are particularly difficult to read, especially day 1; me, scott, eskimo. It's highly doubtful that any of this list gets lynched today save FCBL who is occasionally lynchbait. Eskimo has three posts. Scott and I won the last game as wolves. FCBL is an interesting addition to this list. I'm not sure how he fits into it at the point at which thesmell posts this list to be honest. Possibly as lynchbait.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was mostly process of elimination. There are a lot of people who we couldn't lynch day one for various reasons: new players, they hadn't posted yet, people say they're a bad d1 lynch, etc. There were also I few people I had initial villager reads on, like Neil, Nez and Luckay. Through pure subtraction, those four were what was left.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anybody not voting bobo today is a moran, thats for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott would you agree that we should vig kill Bobo instead of lynching him?
It seems that we learn little to nothing from wagoning Bobo, so we should save him for the vig kill and try to learn something from today's lynch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here he appeals to Scott who is very active yet on his list of lynchables. That doesnt make any sense. He also wants to learn from todays lynch. I'm not sure what today's wagon is going to tell him. Lynching for information is generally awful especially if there isnt much information to be gained from it. Anyway, lets humor the idea that TheSmell wants to gain information by lynching....

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC correctly I posted shortly after that that I was taking scott off my lynchable list. At that point in time I had probably already come to this conclusion in my mind, but just not verbalized it in the thread yet.
Also, I'm don't think I'm proposing lynching for information, necessarily. Rather, I just feel that lynching Bobo today will give us nothing. There was enough confusion for the wolves to hide under, that we can't take anything from a Bobo lynch, while we could from some of the others.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Neil Stephens

im not positive but I think so

[/ QUOTE ]

Dustin, let's go gt1t today please. Give Neil another day, I think tomorrow we'll be able to get a better read on him. While I agree that he has had a few bad posts, I think most of them are his villager game.
Plus, does he get blinders on Clown like that as a wolf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now what information would anyone get from lynching me today? Again the chain of thought completely breaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I'm not trying to lynch you for information. I think that we'll be able to get a better read on Neil down the line.

Now I need to consider if after this long post of yours, you're still a wolf in my eyes.