Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 07:50 PM

Default How much would you pay for NT$

Someone you trust offers you the $10k in their NT account, which is frozen of course. You are also US citizen and cannot withdraw it for now.

How much would you pay in % terms for this money? 10% 50% 90%? Feel free to give a reason, or not.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: How much would you pay for NT$

Depends on your bankroll. But I'd take $10K @ 50% max. Just a calculation I came up with from odds of getting the money and how long it'd take the get hte money.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:53 PM

Assume you have $50-$100k bankroll or more.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:58 PM

I would pay about $3000. My guess is there is a 50% chance of never seeing the money again, so the true value of the $10k is $5k. That is the value now, of course, and I may not see that money for 2 years. The value of $5k in 2 years is like $4200 or so now. Lastly, I'm doing this to profit and not just to add unneeded variance to my life, so I'm obviously not paying $4200. Yeah, $3000 sounds about right for me.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:58 PM

I have the BR, so 5K. Otherwise I'd offer much less.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:26 PM

A bit of an aside, but in my opinion if the neteller funds aren't returned in three months or less they're gone forever (seized by the govt). There's very little chance IMO that the money is released in a year or two. Its either coming through soon or never...
Old 02-14-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its either coming through soon or never...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look at the previous track record of federal RICO cases, estimate this case running into 2009 or later. In my opinion, the biggest concern is the DOJ classifying the funds as "proceeds of illegal gambling", in which case you will never see it again...
Old 02-15-2007, 12:07 AM

Sorry to sound like a noob. I was reading about the 55 mil seizure. I was under the impression this was the funds in transfer and NOT all of the US Neteller accounts.

Your posts appears to imply that all US Neteller account funds have been seized. Is that your understanding or am I misinterpretting your response? I was under the impression that if my funds are listed in my Neteller balance, my funds have not been confiscated. They may be being held hostage by Neteller, but not seized by the DOJ.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:14 AM

The funds in your neteller account have been frozen by the DOJ as evidence based on the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (aka RICO). Neteller was holding funds in limbo until the DOJ processed the injunction...

I have heard of people moving funds but I don't have a neteller account so I cannot comment.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:20 AM

Can someone post me to an article indicating this or is this speculation. I would think Neteller would put that information up on their site. It would definitely take the heat off of them. (We don't have your funds anymore, the DOJ has it)

Lastly, how can the DOJ freeze assets not in the USA? Be gentle with me, I'm not knowlegable with these issues. I ask because why wouldn't they just freeze the assets of Mr. and Mrs Drug lord overseas accounts or Mr. and Mr. Terrorist?