Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:31 AM

Default Re: TheVOid DQ\'ed? (Xpost)

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, they aren't going to go after those people because there aren't large sums of money at stake. The only reason they went after TheV0id is because immediately after winning there were rumors of him being a multi-accounter, and of COURSE Stars looks into the huge wins.

They don't really have any incentive to go after the guys that barely cashed or didn't cash.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is untrue. Anyone who goes deep in a major tournament on PokerStars is security reviewed.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:26 AM

If they only catch the winner I'm really gonna feel like this is a failure though. I'm not saying this for Ray's sake either. There had to be multiple people and to not catch more than 1 find a little ridiculous. In there biggest tourney of the year this should have been one of the main focuses.

Finally if he was multiaccounting he was using more than the one account where are the others?
or everyone or none. and of course stars has to gave more details about that otherwise i dont feel safe about their rules and the way can confiscate 1000000$ of my possible win. if i dont know the rules how the ** can i follow them? like zeejustin time.
lose power is an absolutely unclear rule, and i dont want unclear rules when it is on risk a so big possible win.
Finally if he was multiaccounting he was using more than one account where are the others?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, they aren't going to go after those people because there aren't large sums of money at stake. The only reason they went after TheV0id is because immediately after winning there were rumors of him being a multi-accounter, and of COURSE Stars looks into the huge wins.

They don't really have any incentive to go after the guys that barely cashed or didn't cash.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is untrue. Anyone who goes deep in a major tournament on PokerStars is security reviewed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Define 'deep' and 'major tournament'?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just read through stars TOS and i coudlnt find anything about it. I really hope thats not agains tthe rules, cause i'm definitely gonna end up breaking that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] it happens monthly that i have to call a friend to take over for my shoddy interenet connection/unexpected thing i have to leave for.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously man, get a backup connection?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Define 'deep' and 'major tournament'?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm afraid I can't - it's not my department and to do so would be speculation that'll get me into trouble. There're examples of multiaccounters being thrown out before though, I think one was mentioned in this thread earlier (a Norwegian I think)
Old 10-16-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they only catch the winner I'm really gonna feel like this is a failure though. I'm not saying this for Ray's sake either. There had to be multiple people and to not catch more than 1 find a little ridiculous. In there biggest tourney of the year this should have been one of the main focuses.

Finally if he was multiaccounting he was using more than the one account where are the others?
or everyone or none. and of course stars has to gave more details about that otherwise i dont feel safe about their rules and the way can confiscate 1000000$ of my possible win. if i dont know the rules how the ** can i follow them? like zeejustin time.
lose power is an absolutely unclear rule, and i dont want unclear rules when it is on risk a so big possible win.
Finally if he was multiaccounting he was using more than one account where are the others?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what amount of resources are required to un-earth some thing like this? If PS tried to find every multi-accounter, they need huge resources and they will never find anyway. I don't think every thing can be automated. Finally, catching the biggest culprit at least deters some people from doing this.

Props to PS!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:09 PM

pokernews article

[ QUOTE ]
In a story that swirled through various poker-discussion forums for two weeks, PokerStars had been conducting an ongoing investigation into allegations about the winning account, "TheV0id", in its recent World Championship of Online Poker Main Event. Recently, Stars confirmed that TheV0id had indeed been disqualified, bumping all other finishers up one spot. The body of the text posted by a Stars security representative read as follows:

[...]

Among the biggest beneficiaries of the decision are runner-up account 'ka$ino', who now collects a $1.378 million first prize, an increase of over $530,000 from his previous winnings, Stars-sponsored pro Vanessa 'LadyMaverick' Rousso, who jumps from third to second for an increase of nearly $250,000, and Josh Arieh, who confirmed his identity as original sixth-place finisher 'nitbuster' in an exclusive interview with PokerNews' Steve Horton days later. Arieh picks up an extra $75,000 based on the latest adjustment.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-16-2007, 01:21 PM

Isn't Arieh banned on PS?
Old 10-16-2007, 01:57 PM

Why would he be?
Old 10-16-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know what amount of resources are required to un-earth some thing like this? If PS tried to find every multi-accounter, they need huge resources and they will never find anyway. I don't think every thing can be automated. Finally, catching the biggest culprit at least deters some people from doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much credit here...he probably just played with TheV0id, TheV1id, TheV2id...
Closed Thread