Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: AKo 2/4 online 2 bets back to me

[ QUOTE ]
* G *

You are not against AA or KK here the vast majority of the time if CO and BTN are capable of even a little thinking. AA or KK would surely 3-bet preflop when given action already. Another AK is also unlikely.

99 or 55 could cold-call and play like this on the flop.

KQ-KT are possible cold-calling hands and could also play like this to protect vs draws on the flop.

The flop has a FD + possible gutshots with QJ,JT,QT and 87,76,86. A FD + gutshot could play like this on the flop as a semibluff, for value, and for free card. A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is also possible.

We can't totally overrule weirdly played AA-JJ or another AK.

However, as the pot seems to be getting huge with BB coldcalling 3bets on the flop I'd cap it. We can't do much to protect our hand on the turn anyway. Might as well extract the value now.

On the turn I had trouble understanding your reasons for the donk. The turn is relatively harmless but if you thought you were ahead on the flop you should have capped it. A c/r would have gotten more value out of it, if you think you're ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

After sleeping on it and after reading the first reply - it makes no sense not to cap and then donk the turn.

The time between my call and my bet I re-analyzed the situation (kind of getting old and slow) and realized that the 3-bet could be a request for a free card with a 3-bet instead of set or K9s. I decided that I was ahead too many times to give a free card on the turn. If I got raised so be it.

I bet. If I had waited 24 hours to post this the answer would have come to me by then.

I should expect to win 40% of the time. 60% i lose 1 sb and 40% I win 2 sb. Silly not to cap it (some players to 3-bet with draws, after all).

Thanks