Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: under-rolled, but takin\' a shot

I don't mind losing $25.00. It's losing $25.00 over and over that gets my knickers in a twist.

I know that several suck-outs in a row over 700 hands isn't all that exceptional. Hell, I want through one at the beginning of August and rode it out with no worries. But I feel like Gil from the Simpsons.

"This is coming at the worst possible time..."

Meh. Two more months of grinding 10NL and I'll take another shot at 25NL. I don't need good luck to win, I just need to avoid bad luck.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:52 PM

Phydaux

Well misunderstanding aside, you always seemed like a smart and sensible chap. I always wondered with your level of questioning why you weren't playing higher.

Don't worry about your 5 buy in swing. It can happen to all of us. I am in the middle of a 13 buyin downswing at 100NL, despite being long term +4ptbb at this level.

Don't let the amount phase you. The type of solid ABC poker you are describing works up to 200NL - so long as you are thinking through the logic of your hands.

Feel free to PM me if you want me to have a quick scan through your play.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:53 PM

PS Raislinx did always seem annoying DLM. Right analysis, wrong guy.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:09 PM

I moved up to NL25 under-rolled against the advice of people here and just got through by the skin of my teeth. I dropped three buyins, broke even, dropped another buyin, broke even, bounced back up, broke even for ages and then had my upswing of justice. Now I am settled and making decent profit safely I am not moving up until I am fully rolled, I have learnt my lesson and I am glad I learnt it now rather than later.

Also Teddie you are right to be prepared for changes. I was expecting it to be the same level as NL10 IMO it is harder there are more regulars. However about half of the regulars are pretty bad I think. That second point you make about shoving on the river that is extremely valid and the biggest thing I noticed, maybe I was just lucky but in my NL10 days I would push all in on the river and get called by the donks a good percentage of the time.

Phydaux sorry to hear you didn't make it I was looking forward to your updates where you were thrashing NL25 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2007, 07:58 AM

I'm sorry to hear about you downswing at NL25. Same thing happened to me when I took my first two shots at NL10 and both times trashed my BR, it takes forever to grind back the cash at lower levels. Back then I promised I wouldn't be under rolled ever again, yet I'm already thinking of taking shots at NL25.