Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Blind battle - bluffing (live)

Two orbits or so ago, I saw villain (an young kid on his 20) didn't chop in the BB and raising after SB complete the blind (SB have asked him if he want to chop before complete the blind and he said no). SB fold and BB shown AJo, and I make a comment that you should alway chop or not chop, no selective chopping. And BB (in an upset tone) say he don't chop.

For those who not familiar with chopping in the blind: it is a common practice in the live game that people chop their blind to avoid house drop (i.e. if everyone fold and only down to SB and BB, they will both take their money back and play the next hand).

The structure of the game is NLHE, $200 buy-in with $2-$5 blind

Villain, SB ($350)
Hero, BB ($600), [K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]

fold to SB, SB raise to $20 , I call with [K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]

flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot: $40)

SB bet $25, Hero call $25 (I am floating here)

turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (pot: $90)

SB check, Hero bet $50 (I am bluffing here, should I bet more?), SB think long and called $50

river: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot: $190)

SB take some time and bet $100. Anybody like an all-in bluff raise (it will be $150 more for him to call)? Is all-in bluff raise here spewing? Should I just give up?

My read on him is that he didn't have flush, he would have play flush draw much more agressive earlier in the hand. And also I think he is playing with scarce money. Given this read, do you like an all-in bluff raise on the river? Thanks.