Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 06:05 PM

Default KQ in Button

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

I put UTG on AA

Flop: (9.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

I'm coming out firing figuring my two pair is good and his AA is going to slow down

BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

River: (15.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Major Scared card so I slow down

UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB
Old 09-26-2006, 06:15 PM

Default Re: KQ in Button

I don't cap that turn.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:20 PM

Why do you consider the river a scare card? It's unlikely your opponent has a pair of jacks. Maybe he flopped the straight with JT but I don't think he would reraise with that hand before the flop. I wouldn't put him on a straight here, he might have flopped two pair or a set though. The turn is a blank, but he does 3-bet so must have a strong hand, so I wouldn't cap the turn either.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:29 PM

I like capping the flop here, if he leads the turn I think you can squeeze one more raise in and then go into call down mode if he 3bets.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:41 PM

After getting 3bet on the turn, I'd probably slow down, although if he checks the river after a turn 3bet, I'd consider betting the river.

I'm not advocating a slowplay at all, but if Villian has AA, is there a reason you want him to stop putting money in while behind?
Old 09-26-2006, 06:45 PM

I play it the same on the first few streets, and I'm torn on the river decision.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I put UTG on AA.....

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

River: (15.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Major Scared card so I slow down

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I don't mind it but the turn action has me a little confused to what villain is on, if I was to play it I would do the same on the flop but prolly not cap his 3bet on the turn.

His river check is interesting, I can't work out whether he is checking because he's worried or if he is trying to set you up for a c/r.

IMO you are against; KK or QQ, AK, a very aggro played AA &amp; there's a possibility of KQs, &amp; I'm not ruling out the possibility of nearly any two suited cards!

OP, keep in mind that a limp re-raise isn't always AA.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:00 PM

*grunch*

I don't know if we can "assume" As in 5max, but we can assume either Qs Ks As or maybe an AK....so working off of that range.

This is a set of Qs or Ks all day after i see the Flop and Turn get capped and check the river card. Actually, the river check by villian is awful as i can't see him putting you on a st8 with the action here. (JT on a capped preflop?!)

After the flop is capped i think i call down the turn and river. Im seeing a SD but there is no need to flood the pot w/ top 2 pair here.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:31 AM

i just wanted this hand to be an example not to put a player on one read because i thought he had AA and at the showdown he had KK
Old 09-27-2006, 08:10 AM

Preflop: why so specific about the AA read? Absent reads I generally think AK, QQ+.

Flop, OK. After his 3-bet I'm slowing down, because the odds for KK/QQ go up.

Turn: I just call down from here

River: Not a scare card for me -- I really don't think he's been betting and raising everything with just an inside straight draw.