Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2006, 10:00 PM

Default Image streaming

Alrgight, I'd have to admit that for long time I've been passively "collecting knowlegde" from these forums for which I'm thankful. Finally decided to get active, post, discuss and hopefully improve more/help those who need it. Since this is my first post I decided it to be something better than "Did I play this AKs right?".

Here's interesting technique that you might find useful.

First the idea/concept is presented here

(But PLEASE dont get me wrong: even though this site is commercial I'M NOT SPAMMING - I'm just pointing to what you can read and apply for FREE!)

For better understanding read this if you like.

Now, the whole point of my post is Borrowed genius technique

The reason I'm posting this is that I tried it myself and was delighted to find some easy mental exercise that gives such good results (at least for me).

Hopefully after you read it you'll work with your own "poker genius" and my experince is that you'll quickly be pointed to some general leaks in your game as well as frame of mind you should take from now on. Basically, this is just confirmation of old truth that all the answers are within you. And this technique is really good tool for digging in.

Thought you might find it useful.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Image streaming

[ QUOTE ]
Here's an interesting technique that you might find useful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it (so far).
I don't really get it (yet).
But I sense there is something worthwhile here.
Thank you.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:51 PM

Default Image streaming

Well, image streaming is very complex, that's true, with plethora of various techniques. I've just picked up one of them - BORROWED GENIUS thats perfectly suitable for poker (as well as any other skill). After giving it a shot I was suprised to have deep insights in a relatively short amount of time.

Here's my story:
After almost accidentaly learning what Image streaming is I was really interested in "new study technique", "way to boost your creativity", "accelerated learning" with side effect of increasing IQ with steady rate. But after reading a lot and "dreaming" a lot I didn't ever actually use it. And it faded away.
And then, few month ago, with my mind and soul fully into POKER, obsessively doing everything I could imagine to learn, to improve, to master, all of a sudden an idea came: "Image streaming! I almost forgot about it!" After quickly re-reading material it was obvious that B.Genius is called for.
It took three sessions until first results came. And it definitely shook me, and completely transormed me as a player: Before that I was "graduated fish" - a rock, a nit, patiently waiting, never bluffing. Semibluffing ... hmm ... NO! I'll happily check behind, hopefully hit and only then try to extract anything if possible. If not - there will be another oportunity.
And then on third session it happened. Something was definitelly going on. And it was strong experience. You'll see that in B.Genius technique at one moment you "enter into a head of Genius" searching for what Genius thinks while "doing what he is so good at" and THAT was the moment of my "ilumination". That's what I've been missing:
1) I have never been thinking in terms of: "He's shown weakness, so maybe I could bet, take the pot right away and if I get called I still have outs to nut flush/str8 ...
2)I was never really focused to my opps (level 1 thinking), never studied their tendencies.
"Genius" had shown me how to be laser-like focused with killer-instinct waiting for first opportunity to "cut their throat". Funny thing is that all of that I knew already, but it is the method itself that forced me to really think of it and not just say: "Ok, this is a problem, but I'll think of it later". And that is the key - thoroughly, deeply thinking of what is the problem and that automatically PUTS YOU INTO POSITION FROM WHICH PROBLEM CAN BE SOLVED. In time, I'm sure there will be more insights like this. If only I could find some free time in my overloaded life schedule [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Of course every student of Psychology will tell you that there's no "Genius". Technically you are working with your own subconscious. This is just one of many methods to do it.

It takes time to absorb all the necessary theory, memorize technique, do it few times untill you actually get something but it's worth it.