Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How would you characterize your vote?
I voted for Democrats 9 31.03%
I voted against Republicans 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread

[ QUOTE ]
I wrecked a car couple of years ago and now I have a job and they've given me a car and I'm petrified of driving. I still drive, but I'm always scared - avoiding highways, not going out of the house unless i absolutely have to.

I always feel like people are staring at me when I drive and that I'm always doing something wrong. This makes me even more nervous and as you can see it's a really stressful situation. How do I get over this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to drive around at night/in deserted areas to get back confidence in the driving abilities. Tell yourself before you drive that it'll be fine, you know how to do this, last time was a freak occurrence, etc etc
Old 10-14-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so basically my next (and possibly last) move with this girl is to ask her out in person, and if she declines, get my acapella group together via speakerphone and serenade her (i'm seriously considering something along those lines because she's crazy about the office, and would have to love it. i just got to figure out when and how to do it)

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be, a very bad idea.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:18 AM

I have to agree with others, no singing group. I would freak out if a guy did that to me and it wasn't our 1 year anniversary or something.

T
Old 10-14-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so basically my next (and possibly last) move with this girl is to ask her out in person, and if she declines, get my acapella group together via speakerphone and serenade her (i'm seriously considering something along those lines because she's crazy about the office, and would have to love it. i just got to figure out when and how to do it)

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like the last the office episode
Old 10-14-2007, 12:24 PM

i'll try not to make this too long. I am studying abroad in Istanbul for a year, and became really good friends with two girls who are both exchange students. I really like Girl A, but girl A told me Girl B likes me one night when we were drinking and girl B wasn't there for a moment. I said I don't like Girl B, and girl A was like, "yeah dude she's twice your size too." (she later told me she felt bad about the comment). Ok so I have the feeling Girl A (the one I like) likes me but it's hard for me to hang out with her without girl B since all three of us are close friends, and I can't really tell her how I feel because Girl B is usually around. Also, I'm thinking Girl A can't tell me how she feels because like me, she's scared of hurting girl B's feelings. My questions are: 1.) How can I let girl A know I like her? I have been thinking of giving small indirect hints that will eventually give her the message but not so sure how to do this. 2.) If i ask her to hang out with me without girl B there every once in awhile, would it be too rude? I can't handle this love triangle but I really really like girl A and think she likes me too but I'm not sure how to handle it. I know my post count is low so that might make people less intent on helping me; please help a brother out.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:28 PM

"so basically my next (and possibly last) move with this girl is to ask her out in person, and if she declines, get my acapella group together via speakerphone and serenade her (i'm seriously considering something along those lines because she's crazy about the office, and would have to love it. i just got to figure out when and how to do it"

Definitely do that and when you do, you should sing these lyrics, which no girl over 20 can resist:

Oh and you come crash
into me, baby
And I come into you
Hike up your skirt a little more
and show the world to me
and show your world to me
In a boys dream.. In a boys dream

Oh I watch you there
through the window
And I stare at you
You wear nothing but you
wear it so well
tied up and twisted
the way I'd like to be
For you, for me, come crash
into me...

No way that won't work.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'll try not to make this too long. I am studying abroad in Istanbul for a year, and became really good friends with two girls who are both exchange students. I really like Girl A, but girl A told me Girl B likes me one night when we were drinking and girl B wasn't there for a moment. I said I don't like Girl B, and girl A was like, "yeah dude she's twice your size too." (she later told me she felt bad about the comment). Ok so I have the feeling Girl A (the one I like) likes me but it's hard for me to hang out with her without girl B since all three of us are close friends, and I can't really tell her how I feel because Girl B is usually around. Also, I'm thinking Girl A can't tell me how she feels because like me, she's scared of hurting girl B's feelings. My questions are: 1.) How can I let girl A know I like her? I have been thinking of giving small indirect hints that will eventually give her the message but not so sure how to do this. 2.) If i ask her to hang out with me without girl B there every once in awhile, would it be too rude? I can't handle this love triangle but I really really like girl A and think she likes me too but I'm not sure how to handle it. I know my post count is low so that might make people less intent on helping me; please help a brother out.

[/ QUOTE ]
sometimes, classics are classic for a reason: get drunk then call her.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:44 PM

all,

the singing was a (i thought obvious) joke.

edit: i now notice i said i was "seriously considering" it, so who knows.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"so basically my next (and possibly last) move with this girl is to ask her out in person, and if she declines, get my acapella group together via speakerphone and serenade her (i'm seriously considering something along those lines because she's crazy about the office, and would have to love it. i just got to figure out when and how to do it"

Definitely do that and when you do, you should sing these lyrics, which no girl over 20 can resist:

Oh and you come crash
into me, baby
And I come into you
and show the world to me
and show your world to me
In a boys dream.. In a boys dream

Oh I watch you there
through the window
And I stare at you
You wear nothing but you
wear it so well
tied up and twisted
the way I'd like to be
For you, for me, come crash
into me...

No way that won't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Dave as much as the next guy, but don't do it!
Old 10-14-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

sometimes, classics are classic for a reason: get drunk then call her.

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect. A+
Or else you have to locate a fourth person for the equation, to take B out of the picture.
Closed Thread