FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hedge?
No... Be a man! 23 95.83%
Yes, you should do some sort of hedge. 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: **Official 2007 US Open***

[ QUOTE ]

Also this Ferrer/Nadal match may go past 2am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's got Snickers Bar written all over it.

Man, I hope Jankovic wears something slinky tomorrow and doesn't just get blown out 4 & 2.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:54 AM

Ferrer and Nadal are in the midst of something special here...I'll take Nadal in 5 sets. 7-6, 4-6, 6-7, 6-4, 7-5.

Current score is 7-6, 4-6, 6-5 at 12:54am EST.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:11 AM

Did Serena really say that? she got [censored] worked out there...it seemed she was playing way too defensive and didn't go for her shots. Justine did pull some crazy shots out of her ass...I really hate her. That match was just disappointing.

I want to see Ferrer and Nadal go into a 5th and maybe see the crowd fall asleep...it's entertaining, but nothing like a Todd Martin/James Blake craziness.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:28 AM

Serena is the Hellmuth of tennis
Old 09-05-2007, 01:45 AM

I hate Nadal, but hate to see him hurt even more. Fererererer has been playing pretty ridiculous though, from what I've seen.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate Nadal, but hate to see him hurt even more. Fererererer has been playing pretty ridiculous though, from what I've seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ferrer was playing out of his mind. Rafa needs to learn how to take the ball on the rise and come to net more, otherwise he just let Ferrer dictate. Then again it's very hard to dictate points against Rafa anyways. I really hope it's not like Federer and Juan Chela in the finals.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ferrer was playing out of his mind. Rafa needs to learn how to take the ball on the rise and come to net more, otherwise he just let Ferrer dictate. Then again it's very hard to dictate points against Rafa anyways. I really hope it's not like Federer and Juan Chela in the finals.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a bad feeling it will be. If it does, gg US Open ratings. Federer/Djokovic is all they have to go with now and even that isn't that thrilling to casual tennis fans.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a bad feeling it will be. If it does, gg US Open ratings. Federer/Djokovic is all they have to go with now and even that isn't that thrilling to casual tennis fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a casual tennis fan, I'd just like to chime in and say I agree.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:24 AM

As a hardcore tennis fan, I'm not really all that excited with Djokovic and Federer either. The best men's matchups were in the first week, especially with Donald Young and John Isner giving something for people to be excited about. It would've been nice if Ginepri made it deep in the other half, or at least have Roddick and Blake in the other half of the draw battling Nadal and Djokovic.

Last year, we got to see Blake vs. Federer and Roddick in the finals. This could be worse than that 2004 Open with Hewitt in the finals.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:26 AM

To those who don't like a Fed/Djoko final...why???
Fed has been incredibly dominant on hard court the last few years and djoko is one of the only ones to beat him on the surface recently. Also, D has played pretty incredibly so far this open and has been striking the ball very well. I think this would make a very close and exciting final, more so than Fed vs the pantaloons.

Sidenote: I was very impressed with ferrers play vs pantaloons tonight, if ferrer can keep this level of play up he could continue to make a very nice run this open.