Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Another 1/2 Flop Decision

SB is 22/12/2.5
UTG+2 is 20/7/.4
MP2 is 39/1.5/.7

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero...?

Do I want to try to knock players out here with a raise or do I call here to build a pot in the likely case I am drawing?
Old 08-10-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Another 1/2 Flop Decision

raise.

the pot is large.

it is possible you currently hold the best hand.

even if the PFR has AA or KK you have very good equity.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise.

the pot is large.

it is possible you currently hold the best hand.

even if the PFR has AA or KK you have very good equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thin Kit has replaced jrz as the guy who we might not all know, but who usually posts good advice.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:57 AM

Hero definitely raises. You really, really don't want a person calling behind with a king, since calling will usually give him or her the odds to do so.

Plus all the reasons Kit said.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:27 AM

I would also raise, but you have to be aware of the SB holding KQ, when you are (nearly: last chance is a fullhouse) drawing dead of course. But if SB reraises, I think you ráre done with that hand.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:32 AM

i like raise with big pot and strong draw
pls paste rest actions at turn
Old 08-10-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would also raise, but you have to be aware of the SB holding KQ, when you are (nearly: last chance is a fullhouse) drawing dead of course. But if SB reraises, I think you ráre done with that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not done on the flop!

If your scenario happens, there will be at least 13 small bets in the pot. Folding getting 13 to 1 is horrible. I see him reraising easily with 99-JJ, which we still have 9.5 outs to beat. Even if he does have exactly KQ, we still have the three king outs to split and the backdoor flush draw to keep drawing on.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SB will 3bet a number of hands you are drawing live against (any PP 99+, AQ maybe, AJ/KJ maybe). Also not that it matters much but you have 3 chop outs against KQ.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:36 AM

JamesBJames and Xhad, you are right, but...
concerning the outs, hero just has 3 outs to split. All other outs (4x8, 2xT, 3xQ, 1 for backdoor flush draw, 10 total) are not to the nuts and have to be discounted, let's say down to 1/2, so he still has 8 outs (3+5). I didn't consider this properly.
IMO after a reraise by SB you don't get 13:1 PO but only get 13:3 (the 3 SB you invested)= 4.3:1 and you have to take into account reversed implied odds on the turn.
What kind of player was SB? Normally with KQ you would like to slow play the flop I think and check-raise the turn or river to get more bets in.
In this new light I would just call the flop. Wether a player behind you also holds also a K can't really bother you. If you put that player on such a hand you only have to take into account that now you only have 2 outs to split. So I think it's best to see the turn cheaply and let the 3rd player in. If you hit your K you hope to get further bets from him.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:49 AM

RRaise