Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 06:23 PM

Default Re: the mmtbone thread - mod discussion

[ QUOTE ]
I have asked lorinda as a personal favor to me now that the offending posts have been deleted to let this whole thing die, and this was agreed to. I'm don't know you nearly as well, astro, but I would very much appreciate it if you did the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

This 'letting it die' thing isn't working. I just got a mod notification from lorinda about a post asking about what was deleted (no info about Lorinda in it). She/he/it expects us to delete any questions about it too? meh.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also don't know why Lorinda is freaking out so much regarding the gender issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't believe that they are freaking out about the gender issue:

many people have posted views about me in the past and that's their right, posting personal information about me in a factual manner is nobodies right without my permission, and trust me, he doesn't have my permission.

i believe the issue is lori vs yugo/mmb, and they are using the "privacy violation"/permission/threat angle to force moderator action on it. if lori has spoken about or been cool with anybody else discussing gender in public, this is all but confirmed as fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have asked lorinda as a personal favor to me now that the offending posts have been deleted to let this whole thing die, and this was agreed to. I'm don't know you nearly as well, astro, but I would very much appreciate it if you did the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. This issue is way too absurd to let die so easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, it's common knowledge that lorinda's fuse is much too short. It was far too much work for me to get lorinda to even let the situation drop with any piece of the thread surviving and mmbt0ne unbanned. I totally see where you guys are coming from... this whole situation is absurd, but lorinda is too valuable in other contexts to ban here.

If I was able to get lorinda to send you (astroglide) a PM apologizing for the tone of the previous PMs, would that be enough?
Old 03-28-2006, 06:27 PM

Wait,

Lori though 'Tone should have been banned.

That's really asinine.

The more he refuses to be realistic about this, the more I really think a lesson via suspension needs to be taught.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait,

Lori though 'Tone should have been banned.

That's really asinine.

The more he refuses to be realistic about this, the more I really think a lesson via suspension needs to be taught.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not anymore, please let it drop! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2006, 06:33 PM

This forum is really a weird place sometimes.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you just ban him and pull the thread? It's a fairly serious breach of privacy stuff.

Anyway, do what you think best, it's your forum I'll hold you responsible for any more invasions of privacy I suffer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Neither of you did anything and now we have this trainwreck.

Just pull the thread, it's not [censored] difficult to understand.
If you don't want to ban your buddy then so be it, but this is totally out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

the funny thing is, i urged lori to simply deny the allegations in the thread instead of having mod action taken on it because oot would do exactly what they are doing - ask questions about what happened, why it disappeared, why posts were edited, etc.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We've reached a new pinnacle of excellence in prudish overmoderation it seems. How pathetic. I'm guessing diebitter is in some way responsible for this?

Cola, you might as well just delete the entire OOT forum while you're at it. Nowadays, it's rife with immaturity and vulgarity. It's just a cesspool, really. How I wish we could return to the halcyon times of threads about Andyfox's trip to the car wash with Clarkmeister and Dynasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! One post a month! I knew it!
Old 03-28-2006, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you just ban him and pull the thread? It's a fairly serious breach of privacy stuff.

Anyway, do what you think best, it's your forum I'll hold you responsible for any more invasions of privacy I suffer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Neither of you did anything and now we have this trainwreck.

Just pull the thread, it's not [censored] difficult to understand.
If you don't want to ban your buddy then so be it, but this is totally out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

the funny thing is, i urged lori to simply deny the allegations in the thread instead of having mod action taken on it because oot would do exactly what they are doing - ask questions about what happened, why it disappeared, why posts were edited, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody really needs to explain that the "privacy" dog won't hunt.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:43 PM

just so you guys know what we're dealing with here, these are the quotes that lori freaked out about and declared a "trainwreck":

Yugoslav: What do you think of Lorinda/Lori?

mmbt0ne: Obviously a very good player, but I'm not sure why he plays so low. His style is definitely different than most of the stt forum, but it seems to work pretty well for the games he plays.

seriously. that's it. they were also buried in a thread with over 300 posts, and nobody even commented on them.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just so you guys know what we're dealing with here, these are the quotes that lori freaked out about and declared a "trainwreck":

Yugoslav: What do you think of Lorinda/Lori?

mmbt0ne: Obviously a very good player, but I'm not sure why he plays so low. His style is definitely different than most of the stt forum, but it seems to work pretty well for the games he plays.

seriously. that's it. they were also buried in a thread with over 300 posts, and nobody even commented on them.

[/ QUOTE ]
That wasn't the only thing about Lori's gender in the thread. There was a question about what mmbt0ne thought about GrannyMae that asked if there were any other women who posted as men and he said Lori. It was still minor and not anything that should be considered inappropriate.

EDIT:
Actually looks like the question is still there in the thread, but the response was removed. Question is from SackUp:
[ QUOTE ]
What is your take on Grannymae?

What is your take on male posters that post under female names?

Which male posters do you know post under female names?

[/ QUOTE ]