Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: wine importers you trust

[ QUOTE ]

Do you also like Amon Ra?

I just got 36 bottles of the 2006 (100 points). Satisfactory.

What kind of Burgs do you lean towards? I stock pilled a bunch of the 2002's which are just starting to open up. Had a great bottle of J.J. Confuron's Nuits St George Les Fleuriers the other day. Yum!

I LOVE BURGUNDY

[/ QUOTE ]

my avatar is the Amon-Ra label isn't it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I'm working on a vertical of it right now. FWIW, that was jay miller who rated the 06 and he gave it 97-100 pt score, and from people that I know that I trust, they have told me that the 06 isn't as good as the 02 or the 05. Still, ben glaetzer is an amazing wine maker and I have no doubt that it's a 94+ wine, and of course I plan on buying it since I want a vertical of it

for burgs, I generally lean towards Vosne-Romanee and Gevrey-Chambertin for my main regions with nuits st george next. I love the 02s that I've had, but, man, many of the 03s that I've had are just sooo powerful and expressive. of course, I've had some real crap from 03, but the big ones from 03 have been better then some of the 02s that I've had.

I can't afford grand crus, but am generally able to buy premier crus and top village wines. So I stick to bouchard as they are an amazing negociant and have some great winemakers that bring in the grapes.

burgundy is easily the most hit and miss region in the world, but that's why I love it because they make some of the most expressive pinot in the world while making some serious crap. I really don't think that oregon or california can really ever compete with a top burg(this is just personal opinion, but, c'mon, if you had the money, what would you rather have, a DRC or a top Kosta Browne)